~Chapter 4~

~Chapter 4~

A Chapter by Shela Lian

~ Chapter 4 ~
    Mark looked up and laid his ears flat against his head as he let out a low warning growl. “Who’s there?”
    Casandra stepped out of the trees and looked at the wolf laying on the rock. “Why have you strayed from the pack little wolf?”
    He morphed, and shifted into a sitting position. “Wouldn’t you like to know. Why are you here anyways?”
    “I would like to take you up on your offer. That is if the offer is still available.”
    “I don’t see why not,” Mark said, unable to hid his grin. “Would you like me to show you the way to the Den?”
    “Might as well.”
    The two walked together in silence for a few minutes before Mark spoke up. “So what made you change your mind?”
    Casandra shrugged slightly in response but made no move to answer.
    “Well something had to. You seemed so set on your opinion before.”
    “She probably smarted up once she saw her apartment. I say it’s about time too.”
    The two spun around at the sound. Casandra growled fiercely, “why are you here?”
    Mark looked at her curiously. “Who’s that?”
    A small laugh echoed lightly from the trees. “My, my Casandra. You didn’t tell him? I’m surprised.”
    “Shut up Charleen.”
    Charleen laughed again and jumped down from the tree she had been sitting in. Mark’s eyes went wide as he looked between the two girls. Quietly he whispered to Casandra, “she’s a vampire…”
    “I’m well aware of that Mark.” Casandra snapped at him.
    Charleen’s eyes sparkled. “You really didn’t tell him. She walked over to Casandra and draped her arm around Casandra’s shoulder. “I’m hurt. You didn’t tell this fine boy here about our special relationship?”
    Casandra responded by spinning and punching her in the stomach. “I have no relationship with you. Go away and leave me alone.”
    Charleen grin spread a little. “Have you ever told anyone about me?”
    “Charleen, go away. Now!” Casandra shouted, and a second later a wolf stood in her place, ears back, tail high, and snarling dangerously.
    Charleen looked at the wolf sadly. “If only you were a vampire instead. We’re really not as bad as you think we are.” In a swift movement she jumped back into the trees and was gone.
    Casandra slowly turned back into her human form and looked up at the trees, completely unaware of Mark, who was staring at her. Finally he spoke softly. “Who was she?”
    “Someone I used to be very close to before we turned,” she whispered sadly.
    “Turned?” He asked her confused. “What do you mean by that?”
    She stopped herself from answering, with a nagging feeling that she had already said to much. “It’s nothing,” she turned from the tree and looked at him, unable to hide the sadness in her eyes. “can we go now? I’m feeling quite tired.”
    Mark looked at her shocked by the emotion that seem to radiate from her. “S-sure,” he stammered before leading the way.



© 2008 Shela Lian


Author's Note

Shela Lian
it doesn't look like this is supposed to be the end of the chapter, but it is >.< I have yet to write chapter 5, well actually I have but I have to trash it and re-write it because it is more or less completely horrible. It should be up...fairly soon I think, depends on how motivated I am.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

...so much on -fairly soon- will get around to this soon.

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

99 Views
1 Review
Added on February 11, 2008