Preface

Preface

A Chapter by Aradia

In the dead of night, the forest was near silent. So still that the rustling of dry leaves in a slight breeze sounded as loud and unnerving as the warning of a rattlesnake. So quiet that one instinctually knew something monumental would happen.

In the dead of night, a young girl of seven ran, fearful of the dark silhouette steadily gaining. Tromping through the foliage, his malicious grin promised her nothing but pain.

In the dead of night, the poor child continued on, feet scratched and sore as she neared a break in the trees. Steadily she neared, unknowing of what was to come.

In the dead of night, the chase had come to an end on the muddy banks of a great loch. Water weeds trembled in anticipation, for they too knew they would witness the beginnings of something.

And in the dead of night, not a soul heard the terrified splutters and screams of the girl, as her hunter forced air out of her lungs to froth the water. Her hands clawed at the vice like grip, trying for just one last breath of sweet air.

Not a soul would have come to the girl's aid had they known, for her golden eyes hinted at something not quite human. And for that, she became a b*****d child. The curse of the village they would gladly be rid of.

Perhaps it wasn’t a soul the girl needed--for a demon has no soul, but come he did. Came to the girl’s rescue that fateful night, forever changing both their lives. They say demons have no heart; but that seems untrue, for a demon, it seems, may only need the right someone to unlock it for them.



© 2017 Aradia


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

98 Views
Added on January 15, 2017
Last Updated on January 15, 2017


Author

Aradia
Aradia

Portland, OR



About
Odd, weird, quirky, and eccentric all describe me. I'm not going to bore you, so if you're really interested, please visit one of my other personal sites for more information. Thank you. more..

Writing
Part 1: Pinecones Part 1: Pinecones

A Chapter by Aradia


Part 2: Names Part 2: Names

A Chapter by Aradia


Part 3: Questions Part 3: Questions

A Chapter by Aradia