Green Eyes - Chapter 1 - Dead

Green Eyes - Chapter 1 - Dead

A Chapter by Hayley
"

A story about a 22 year-old girl who has lost her mother, and is determind to go searching.

"

Chapter 1 - Dead

 

 

I promise I will be back in two weeks. Look after yourself, or should I say look after Geoffrey. He loves you very much, as do I. Don’t forget that. Sorry about my handwriting, I was in a bit of a rush. Don’t call me or ask where I’m going, I’m just going to say I love you. Don’t leave the house without Geoffrey’s permission. Love you.

Love, Gwen

 

I’d looked at the same letter over a thousand times. She’d never come back. And that I knew for sure.

“Alison, darling, when are you going to make dinner?” My husband questioned me from downstairs.

I heard a pair of feet coming slowly up the stairs. I didn’t reply.

“What’s up?”

He walked into our room. I snuck the letter back into my pocket a second too late.

“What’s this?” he swiped the card out from my pocket.

“Crap! You aren’t reading this again, are you?”

“I’m afraid I am,” I sighed.

“Damn, she’s not coming back, Al! Okay!?”

I sighed, a tear trickling down my cheek. I was never going to forget that night. The night of my fifth birthday...

“Oh, s**t, Al! I’ve done it again!”

“No, you haven’t, Eric. It’s me. It’s all me!”

The tears were slowly making their way down my cheeks. Eric bent down to lift my chin up to meet his face.

“Alison, it’s not you, okay? It’s not you. It’s not your fault...”

“But, it is!” I wailed, “She never came back because of me! I don’t even know where she went!”

“That’s exactly my point! You don’t know where she went, so how is it your fault? Not of it is your fault.”

Eric and I had been a couple since high school. When we had turned nineteen we had moved out together and had got married as soon as we got there. My wedding ring was still slipped delicately onto my ring finger, glistening in the sunlight.

It was beautiful. The cut was perfect. I had loved it as soon as Eric had shown it to me. He was the first boyfriend I had ever had. I loved him too much. He’d known my Mum too. I hadn’t spoken to Geoffrey ever since my telling him I was moving out with Eric. He’d chucked a fit.

“It’s not your fault...” he whispered, caressing the side of my pale face with his hands.

I’d never been the beautiful model like my mother had been. I had inherited most from my father, who I, as I had said, hadn’t spoken to in ages.

I had inherited his hair, his face, and his shape. The only thing I had from my mother was her eyes. The piercing green orbs, the oval shaped face, the medium-length body and the short brown hair which was always unkempt.

Eric was the complete opposite to me. His bright blue eyes, square face, muscular figure and scruffy black hair. He was much tanned too.

I hated myself. I wanted to change completely. I just wanted to keep mother’s eyes... that were all...

Eric’s lips pressed hard against mine. I never wanted him to let go. When I was with him all my worries seemed to evaporate into thin air. Unwillingly, not wanting to let go, I finally pulled away.

“I want to move,” I had finally let the words slip. I had had enough.

“Alison? Are you feeling okay...?”

“Yes. I want to move.”

“Right... and when do you plan on doing that?”

“I don’t know, Eric! I-I want a family. Mum’s never coming back, so what’s the point of hanging around? I’ve been waiting three years, Eric. Since we were nineteen I’ve always wanted this. I want to have a life. And I know you do too.”

I stared at him waiting for a response. I was out of breath.

“I dunno, Al...”

He grimaced, his lips pressed into a hard line.

“I really dunno...”

“Please?” I whispered, stroking his rough stubble gently, “For me?”

“Okay, Al. If you’re sure that’s what you want.”

 



© 2009 Hayley


Author's Note

Hayley
Please, ignore grammer problems. Tell me what you think.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

This is amazing for a 12 year old! You've got talent, kid.
The only thing i have to point out is, when moving on to a new topic, drop the other one. Do not come back to it. You started talking about how Eric and Alison had gotten together in High School and then you we're interrupted by Eric saying "It's not your fault." Instead of describing how they look, tell us why her mother left. What had happened to make Alison feel as if this was all her fault? And instead of saying (Example) "It was my birthday and something had gotten my mom upset, so she left and we don't know where she went." Have a memory. Write it as if it was happening right at that moment.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

This is amazing for a 12 year old! You've got talent, kid.
The only thing i have to point out is, when moving on to a new topic, drop the other one. Do not come back to it. You started talking about how Eric and Alison had gotten together in High School and then you we're interrupted by Eric saying "It's not your fault." Instead of describing how they look, tell us why her mother left. What had happened to make Alison feel as if this was all her fault? And instead of saying (Example) "It was my birthday and something had gotten my mom upset, so she left and we don't know where she went." Have a memory. Write it as if it was happening right at that moment.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

198 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on December 26, 2009
Last Updated on December 26, 2009


Author

Hayley
Hayley

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia



About
I am currently 11 years old, almost 12. I love writing, reading and anything to do with literature. My idols are Hilary Duff and Selena Gomez (Disney Star). I am very mature for my age and get a lo.. more..

Writing
Good Days Good Days

A Poem by Hayley


Green Eyes Green Eyes

A Book by Hayley