~Introduction~ Undead

~Introduction~ Undead

A Chapter by Short.Nerd

Rules 4 Surving when the Undead Attack:

 

1. Do not trust public transportation.  You never know who is actually driving you to your next or last destination.

 

2. Always make sure the ones you love know that you love them.  You never know when the next time you'll see them will be.

 

3. Big groups aren't a good idea either. There is always a chance they'll end up dying, and then becoming one of an Undead. 

 

4. Do NOT think that the Undead are like Zombies.  They are two completely different things.

 

5. Consider yourself an orphan.  If you say you have family you'll eventually want to go find them.

 

6. Stay away from graveyards/cemeteries.  Where do you think Undead come from?  Shopping malls?

 

7. If you're going to use a baseball bat as a weapon have a good solid swing.  If you don't hit hard enough they'll just become pissed off, and that isn't fun.

 

8. Fire can be your best friend our your worst enemy.  It can kill the Undead or it can kill you if it comes out of control

 

9. Do not use cars to get away from your town or city.  Traffic jams will happen.  You aren't the only one trying to get away.  My best suggestion is staying in your house with the doors locked and wait a few days.

 

10. Write down everything.  Your rules for survival, your experiences, and anything else you can think of.  If they don't save you they could save someone else.

 

 

If anyone out there gets a chance to read this I guess this means that everyone isn't dead yet. But if you are reading this I think that means I'm either dead or lost this journal.  Hopefully I just lost it. 

 

I guess I should start with the basics though.  My name is Ava-Rose Avery Cooper.  I go by Avery though.  I hate my first name, and if anyone calls me that I go nuts on them.  Sometimes I wonder what my mother was thinking.  Then I remember that my father wanted to name me Ophelia Gertrude and I remember how thankful I am for Ava-Rose Avery.

 

Sorry, I can't stay on one subject for to long, but I'll try just for y'all.

 

I was 17 years old when the Undeadd attacked.  I was babysitting my brother and sister, while my Mom and step-father were away for their 15th anniversary.

 

My younger brother, Alex was 13 years old at the time.  He was like mosts teenage brothers.  A giant pain in the a*s, but I would do anything to know where he is. That's another story for another day though.

 

My baby sister is 6 years old.  She's actually sleeping beside me at this very moment.  Her name is Addy Grace, and she's adorable.  Addy's the only reason why I've gotten through all of this.

 

I have a twin brother named Andrew James.  We call him Andy though.  He was living with our father, but I haven't heard from him for a while.

 

Now this is off subject but I know what your all thinking.  What is up with all the A names?  Well lets put it this way.  My mother is obsessed with them.

 

So here's whats left of my family.  My brothers have disappeared on me, my little sister is by my side, and I'm betting my parents are who knows where. 

 

Yup life kind of sucked right now.

 

Well I guess thats enough about me for now.  Maybe I should talk about the Undead.  Who knows maybe whoever you are reading this doesn't know what they are because they're gone.  Gosh that would be great.

 

The Undead first started to show up in graveyards.  They popped out of graves and well looked dead.  Some were just bones.  To me those were the most creepy.

 

The ones that had died recently weren't that bad at all.  They looked slightly normal except their skin was a little paler and they were filthy.  One give away that they were dead though (besides that they wanted human organs) was their eyes.  They were black and stared into your soul.

 

 

You probably aren't paying attention to that though.  My bet is that you're still focusing on looking for organ parts.  Well I have no idea why but these crazy people who become Undead think that taking living hearts, lungs, and whatever else is inside of you will bring them back to life.  So far they've all failed at this, but they still chase us around trying to cut us up.

 

Crap!  I think I just heard something.  I better stop writing and get ready in case its... one of those things.  I'll try continuing this later.

 

---------------------------------------------------------

 

Good news!  The sound I heard was just my dog, Kona.  I'm glad I didn't wake Addy up for nothing.

 

So where was I.... Oh thats right. The Undead.

 

I don't want to tell you to much, because if I do then you may just decided thats all their is to my diary and throw it away.  So I think I'll be a b***h and make you read this whole thing to get the information you may or may not need.

 

I think I'll start with day one.  After all, that was the end of the world as I knew it and the beginning of this living hell.  So day one it is.

 




© 2011 Short.Nerd


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Nice introduction. Keep on writing it.

Posted 12 Years Ago


very nice introduction. seems like it will be like a really good story.

Posted 12 Years Ago


This is a really interesting idea. How do you come up with these stories? Anyway, I will read one because as I said it is interesting. Some mistakes, but nothing overt that takes awa from the reading.

Posted 12 Years Ago


I'm reminded a lot of Zombieland when reading this. Even though undead are not zombies. Interesting chapter

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

227 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 15, 2011
Last Updated on May 16, 2011


Author

Short.Nerd
Short.Nerd

About
www.facebookblast.com THIS PAGE IS UNDER CONTRUCTION DON"T JUDGE IT! Thanks, :) -------------------Girls----------------------- --------------are like apples---------------- ---------on trees... more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..