~Day Two~ Undead

~Day Two~ Undead

A Chapter by Short.Nerd

I woke up to the sound of foot steps coming from the hall way.  Addy was still asleep and silent so I didn't wake her up just yet.  The steps sounded like they were in front of my bedroom, then Alex's, and finally my Addy's.

 

I waited barely breathing as the foot steps turned towards the bathroom which was at the end of the hall.  I grabbed the gun and waited, even though the door was locked. 

 

The foot steps stopped in front of the door.  The door knob jiggled as whoever or whatever was at the door tried to open it.  After a few minutes I heard a deep breath, and wondered if those creatures could breath.

 

"Avery, if thats you in there open up."  Someone called out to me and I let out the breath I had been holding.  I started to open the door, but decided not to.  What if this were a trick?

"How do I know this isn't some sort of trick?"  I said to the door, as Addy woke up.  "Who are you and how do I know you?"  She looked at me with her brown eyes wide.

 

"D****t, Avery just open the door.  It's me Everett, and I'm your neighbor." 


"Stay back."  I whispered into Addy's ear and she nodded.  I unlocked the door and jumped back as the person opened the door.  The gun was pointed directly towards the person.

 

"Well looks like someone learned to defend herself." Everett said as I put down the gun.  He started to laugh at me, and Addy climbed out of the tub.  "Come downstairs.  We need water and some food, then we're leaving."

 

"What about Alex?"  I asked as I grabbed the bags and Addy's hand.  "Did you find him?  Whats going on, Everett?" 

 

"Someone said that they saw Alex head over to the the Baker's house, so I checked their.  The Baker's were long gone though.  So I'm assuming their safe."  At that statement I started to cry.  Alex was gone, and I had no idea where he was gone too.

 

"Where would the Bakers go?" 

 

"I have no idea, but a group of us are heading out of here in a little while.  Come if you'd like."  Everette told me and I gulped.  Should I stay here and pray Alex returned home, or maybe my parents, or go with Everette where there were people around?  I chose B.

 

"Take Addy to the kitchen and pack whatever food and water we have.  I'm leaving a note for Alex."  I told Everett and he nodded.


I grabbed a pencil and piece of paper and wrote this to my brother.  I hope one day he'll read it.

 

Dear Alex,

Addy and I are leaving.  I have no idea what is going on but it isn't safe for her.  If it were just myself I would stay here and wait for you, but I have her to think about.  If you ever find yourself readint his note, but have to leave our home please leave a message for me.  Because somehow I'll come back here because I want to find you.  You are my baby brother(I know you don't like it) and I love you.  I pray that you are safe.

Love,

Avery.

 

I left the note on coffee table by the phone.  I hope that Alex found it somehow, and he was okay. 

 

Addy and Everett had put two bottled waters in the side pockets of Everett's bag, and were stuffing them in his backpack now.  I did the same with mine and Addy's which gave us all 4 bottles each.

 

For food we took some apples (They would last for today at least), some slim jems, trail mix, a jar of peanut butter, some crackers, and a few slices of cheese and bread.  We took the emergency cash my parents left for us and left.

 

Addy didn't like leaving our home.  She wanted to stay and wait for everyone then leave.  I had to lie and tell her we were meeting everyone somewhere else.  I felt bad about it, but we needed to get away.

 

Everette said that those things were called Undeads.  They came from the graveyards in our torwn and rose back to life.  He wasn't sure about what they wanted, but it wasn't to have a friendly tea with us.  And they were dangerous.

 

The group consisted of Everette, Addy, myself, a man in his mid forties, five other high schoolers, and a 12 year old boy who reminded me of Alex. 

 

We ended up taking a bus that was going to Florida.  The bus driver said he'd give us free bus fare, as long as we hurried up. 

 

That was my first mistake.



© 2011 Short.Nerd


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Good work. I'm off to read more before I have to shut everything off for the next half hour. Damn work getting in the way of something fun. Anyway, a few spelling errors, nothing major.

Posted 12 Years Ago


You're breezing right through this good for you :) A few errors here and there just go through and look again

Posted 12 Years Ago


Uh-oh. What's going to happen next? I'm racing for the next chapter. You better hurry up and make it, Shnerd!!

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

170 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 16, 2011
Last Updated on May 16, 2011


Author

Short.Nerd
Short.Nerd

About
www.facebookblast.com THIS PAGE IS UNDER CONTRUCTION DON"T JUDGE IT! Thanks, :) -------------------Girls----------------------- --------------are like apples---------------- ---------on trees... more..

Writing