Civil War II~Chapter Two

Civil War II~Chapter Two

A Chapter by Short.Nerd

"I'm going to find out who is here."  I told Nathan getting up from the floor and opening the door.  Somehow I heard footsteps upstairs, and I wasn't to fond on intruders.  "Make sure Wynter and Cherry stay down here."

 

I turned away before could answer and shut the door quietly.  Then I ran up the stairs and opened the basement door.  The first thing I saw was a large man in front of me.  He was as tall as some the towers that use to be in the city.  His blond hair was cut short and neat with a few strands sticking up.  The man had a grey coat on, and glared at me.

 

"Ma'am is this your home?"  He asked me in a boomy voice.  He didn't look to be much older than Hunter, but his voice sounded as if he were a strong old man, who was angry and bold.

 

"Yes this.  Now why are you in it?"  I asked shutting the door and tapping my foot.  I had no patient for soldiers entering my house without permission.  It was rude, and I'm pretty sure it use to be illegal.

 

"Sorry, but I'm Captain Brady Miller of the I.S. military.  My troops were looking for cover from the bombs, and this house was the only one still standing.  Most of them are out in the barn, while myself and some of my other soldiers are in here."  Captian Miller told me nodding to the door.

 

"Well Captain Miller you can go join your men and/or women in the barn.  I am very loyal to my country of the United States and do not wish to have I.S soldiers in my home.  I will allow you to stay in the barn until the bombing is complete, but then you all must go."

 

Captain Miller frowned at me and crossed his arms over his chest.  He had a stern expression on his face and was tapping his foot now too.  His shoes were a shiny black, that matched his black pants.

 

"Miss..."  Captain Miller said but then realized he did not have my name.  "Miss, I hope you are aware that I am authorized to take this home and use it for military operations with or without your permission."

 

"And I hope you are aware that if you do that you'll be putting four people out of a home."  I retorted firmly turning away towards the window.  The bombing had now stopped.  "Now please leave."

Another soldier walked into the doorway.  He had mud splattered over his face, and his eyes were black.  I couldn't tell what he looked like, but he was in a grey coat also.

 

"Captain, is she one of us?"  The soldier asked standing as straight as a toothpick. 

 

"No I am not.  Now get out of my home!"  I shouted at him, and he stared at his Captain.  The Captain nodded his head and the soldier went back outside.  "Thank you!"  I called out as he slammed the door.

 

"Meadow, are you alright?"  Nathan called from downstairs.  I heard him starting to run up the stairs.  After a minute he was up here and by my side.  Now lets see the Independent States' army take us on now.

 

"Miss Meadow."  Captain Miller said now that he finally knew part of my name.  "Under the order of the Independent States your home is now being used as a secure base for our soldiers to lodge until we move camp."

 

"That is the biggest load of s**t I've ever heard."  I told Captian Miller pushing back a strand of my hair that had gotten lose.  "This isn't your land, or your property.  You have no right to take my home."

 

"I have every right.  Your country wants to take over what my country has worked to accomplish the last twenty years.  I'm protecting the I.S."  Captain Millers told me firmly.  "Now you have every right to stay here, but I am making this my camp.  Do I make myself clear?"

 

"You're the type of person who is going to make this war end badly."  I answered turning towards the basement.  "I need to check on my sisters.  Nathan try and kick him out of here."

 

"Dude, you just royally pissed off Meadow Reed.  She's going to make your life a living hell until you get out of here."  I heard Nathan say as I was half way down the stairs.  I chuckled and waited for a response.

 

"Well Miss Reed just royaly pissed me off too, so I guess this is war."  Captain Miller replied and I heard him stomp off in a huff.  That's just great!  A war within a war.  Won't that be fun?



© 2011 Short.Nerd


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

lol, this should be intresting! especially, since these gys are her enemies in the first place.

Posted 12 Years Ago


But I have a question, How far out is the I.S. and the U.S. border? Like where is the border?

Posted 12 Years Ago


haha! Great chapter! And yes, I'd bet it'd be really fun! Now, get on with the next fun chapter! :)

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

147 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 29, 2011
Last Updated on May 30, 2011


Author

Short.Nerd
Short.Nerd

About
www.facebookblast.com THIS PAGE IS UNDER CONTRUCTION DON"T JUDGE IT! Thanks, :) -------------------Girls----------------------- --------------are like apples---------------- ---------on trees... more..

Writing