Civil War II~Chapter Three

Civil War II~Chapter Three

A Chapter by Short.Nerd

I walked to the kitchen as quietly as I could.  Cherry had woken up and wanted a glass of milk, but I didn't want her going down stairs while their were soldeirs in our home.  So I told her to stay put and I'd get it.

 

I had just gotten her favorite glass.  It was pink, with green flowers on it, and it was our mother's.  Cherry loved the idea that her and Mom shared something.  I thought it was adorable, but Wynter said it was to childish.

 

"Hello."  A voice said from behind me and I jumped.  It was dark in our kitchen, and I couldn't see a thing.  I thought I would have heard someone if they came into the room, but maybe they were being just as quiet as I was.

 

"Get out of the house."  I replied back as I turned to our refridgerator.  I felt hands grab me and spin me around.  I almost dropped the cup, but luckily I had quick enough reflexes and caught it.

 

"I don't want to."  The voice hissed at me and I saw dark green eyes with gold flares in them.  They looked like they would belong to a witch rather than a person.  "I want to stay right here."

 

"Who are you, and what-"  I was cut off by a pair of lips meeting mine.  They were wet and slimy.  My eyes were wide open and I was completely shocked.  What moron decides to enter someone's house uninvited and kiss them.

 

I started banging on his chest.  He grabbed my wrists and had a tight grip on them.  This isn't good.  I began to panic then, I had an idea.  I bit down on the soldier's lip, and he pulled back.  He didn't release me though.

 

"What the hell was that for?"  He hissed at me, but I didn't answer him.  I began screaming.


"Help!  Nathan, or anyone else help me.   There's a soldier down here trying to rape me!"  I yelled but a hand clapped over my mouth.  It was to late though.  I heard footsteps coming down the hall, and someone had just swung open the front door.

 

Lights flipped on and the room was suddenly bright.  Captain Miller came in the room with a frown on his face, and my attacker's eyes were wide.  He had dark black hair that went to his soldiers, and was a towering six and a half feet tall.

 

"Private James what do you think your doing?"  Captain Miller asked  with a booming voice.  He was wide awake for it being the middle of the night.  Or maybe it was the early morning.

 

"Captain Miller, get your soldier off of me."  I told him firmly as I began to wiggle.  "And explain to me why he was entering my house in the middle of the night.  Taking it over for military operations is one thing, but comings and goings at this hour is not going to do!"

 

"Private James, let go of Miss Reed and leave the house at once and go to your proper bunkings."  Captain Miller ordered with the soldier running away.  The coward.

 

Captain Miller turned to me with his large eyes looking sorry.  He wore the same clothes from earlier, and looked as if he could use some sleep.  That's one reason why I am not in the military.  They do not get a guranteed eight hours of sleep.

 

"Miss Reed, I'm sorry for his behavior, and trust me he will be removed from my ranks as soon as possible."  Captain Miller said sounding very apologetic.  "I promise to get to the bottom of this."

 

"What if that had been my baby sister down here?  What if he had attacked her like that?"  I said angerily to stop yelling.  People were asleep upstairs after all.  I wasn't going to be rude and wake them up.

 

"I said I'm sorry.  I can't control all their actions, now if you excuse me I have a soldier to interrigate."  Captain Miller told me turning away.  I turned back to the counter and fixed Cherry her milk.  She was probably wondering where I was by now.

 

***

 

"Private James,"  Captain Miller said walking around the small room in the back of the barn he had found earlier.  The lights were slightly dim, and the young soldier looked frightened.  "Why would you find it necessary to kiss Miss Reed?"

 

"I don't know, sir."  Private James stumbled looking down to his hands.  Why had he done such a foolish thing at the beginning of his military career?  He wanted to stay in the army, not get kicked out.

 

"That is not the answer, I'm looking for."  Captain Miller barked, and Private James nodded.  That was something his father had always said when he was a michevious child.  In fact, that answer was the main reason he got sent to military school, then decided to enroll in the army.

 

"I just heard you saying that the girl was going to be a pain, and I just thought if I..."  His voice trailed off and he shrugged sheepishly.  Captain Miller looked at him with disgust.  The soldier thought Meadow Reed could be persuaded to our side by a simple surprise kiss.

 

"Obviously you haven't met her.  She's going to be a bigger challenge than that."  Captain Miller replied shaking his head.  This was no way to prove that  he  wasn't to young to be a captain.  Idiotic soldier.

 

"Do I get the chance to prove you wrong?"  Private James asked having a slight sound of hope in his voice. 

 

"Hell no.  I'm deporting you down to Florida." 

 

"That's where the fighting is the hottest.  Are you tring to kill me?"  Private James asked with his mouth in a large O shape.  Captain Miller laughed mentally and shook his head.  He was such a rookie.

 

"Ask Miss Reed, I'm sure you'd love to know her answer."  Captain Miller replied walking out of the bunking house.  He had a few phone calls to make now.

 

 



© 2011 Short.Nerd


Author's Note

Short.Nerd
Sorry it took a while :/

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Well at least the captain is looking out ofor her even if they are enemies and she was lucky that the captain came to the rescue! can't wait for more!

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

131 Views
1 Review
Added on May 31, 2011
Last Updated on June 7, 2011


Author

Short.Nerd
Short.Nerd

About
www.facebookblast.com THIS PAGE IS UNDER CONTRUCTION DON"T JUDGE IT! Thanks, :) -------------------Girls----------------------- --------------are like apples---------------- ---------on trees... more..

Writing