The uncle's death

The uncle's death

A Chapter by Shubham Sharma

UNSOLVED CHAPTER 1
THE UNCLE'S DEATH

My uncle had always been a flamboyant person who drew the attention of everyone because of his amusing sick jokes and over-the-top anecdotes. There was a time when he was my idol. Actually there's always a time for 10 year old's when they see such people in their family as an embodiment of coolness. His wife had passed away recently and since then he had become a complete mess. His appetite had decreased considerably and he would often continue to gaze at nothing. My mom thought it would do him good if kids were left at his place. So me and my brother were forced to put away with him for a week or so. Well, it turned out to be quite a fun, because uncle would always be lost in his own depressive world and we would watch WWE and other violent movies/show that we couldn't watch at home. But things began to take quite a turn in the night. I had just woken up and my throat was parched. I was going towards kitchen when strange noises were coming from Uncle's room. I decided to take a peep and when I opened his door a bit, I saw him sitting on the bed talking with somebody "No they will not be a problem...But sis put them here forcibly...Yes, Yes I will keep them in control". My eyes darted in the direction where my uncle's gaze was fixed. There was nothing but curtains swirling due to the wind. Uncle had left the window open. I went inside and shouted "Uncle, with whom are you talking?"
"What?" he was startled "No,nothing no-one. What are you doing here in the middle of the night?"
Yes, he did turn to the classic way in which the adults make excuses, they either shout at us but when they are guilty they try to dodge the topic by questioning us. So I was sent to my room with an advice to keep my bottle beside my bed. Next night, my Brother and me had watched quite a few horror movies before going to bed. So I began to tell him a horror story to scare the s**t out of him "I knew a boy" I began inventing some sort of silly story "who was sleeping with his brother and they were exchanging tales of the dead. When suddenly they heard...". My story was cut short by some strange noises echoing through the house. It sounded like the crack of the whip. My brother was scared like a bunny who had seen a tiger approaching. He ran to my uncle's room and gave a loud cry, which made me rush towards him too. My uncle was semi-nude wearing only the shorts and he was hitting himself with his precious Armani belt. I caught his arm, and he saw me with tears in his eyes. He sat on the floor
"Now I understand how much did it hurt her...How much I hurt her" and he went on blabbering. Tears were constantly coming out of his eyes which were red. He must have either smoked the roll of paper that my cousin once forced me to take or the redness must be due to lots of alcohol. It's a shame but I could only make those deductions. It took me and my brother quite a few hours to console him and get him to sleep. Uncle seemed to guilty about something but more than that he seemed scared. I called mom the next day and told her that we weren't safe in that house and she gave a cliche reply that we were just being mischievous. I plea to all wanna be parents please watch movies like the babysitter, friday the 13th, and other pyscho thrillers. You just can't thing that children are safe in the house with a uncle who's going crazy. But luckily, due to my overwhelming arguments she told me that she would come to pick me up the next day. Only one more night to go, or so I thought. But that night was something that I would never forget. My brother and I were going to sleep in my Uncle's room that night. My brother went to sleep early as he was too scared to watch "The woman". I don't know when my eyes became heavy and I slept on the couch itself. I was dreaming, about blankness and I could sense something. Something that was giving me goosebumps. And suddenly I heard a loud scream. It was my brother's voice. I ran to my Uncle's room. He was wriggling on the floor. My brother was scared beyond words. He was gaping towards the mirror. He pointed his fingers but lost consciousness the next instant. I was in a fix. I dialed ambulance's number and next thing I did was to call mom. She too was worried sick to see us in such a state. But the movement's of Uncle's body was slowly getting more and more slower. His hands gradually began to go numb. His mouth was working non-stop. He was blabbering something but not in a pitch that we could understand. I bent down and heard somethings like "She came...She did came...For me...She...Taking me..." and the cycle of his wording would repeat itself. Next day we heard that he passed away in the ambulance itself. The cause of his death was heart attack. My brother had became a recluse after that day, he wouldn't sleep alone. He would say thing like "I saw her next to Uncle in the mirror. But she was not in front of me." and he would cry. He was just trying to draw attention. As if ghosts exists? What do you think?


© 2018 Shubham Sharma


Author's Note

Shubham Sharma
Sorry it's not your classic horror story and it maybe isn't a horror story at all.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

All in all, I love this story. You mix an interesting combination of what sounds like a true family story with some hints of fantasy. Your storytelling is strong & compelling, but the mechanics of your writing could use some polishing up here & there. You TELL this story (in places) when you could SHOW this story, a more effective way to write. For example, the opening lines could be written to convey a word portrait of exactly how this uncle would act flamboyantly (detailed examples) & telling some of his actual sick jokes using dialogue instead of referring to the guy’s main attributes in a backhanded way. I feel your overall storyline is convincing, so there’s no need to add a question at the end. Just own your ghost story & believe that the audience will enjoy it too! (((HUGS))) Fondly, Margie

Posted 5 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
¿
Ghost doesn't exist...but supernatural spirits does!...I guess!!
All the minor to large details if noted then science takes it like mental illness of your uncle at your aunt's demise...but if any sage hears that's may be called spirit of your aunt possessed in his body!
Whom to believe.....
But a thing is for sure...these incidents just stucks in the mind and keeps ruling life long!!
Thanks for sharing....you're brave to pen it down...☺

Posted 5 Years Ago


Shubham Sharma

5 Years Ago

It's just a figment of my imagination. It's not a real story.
¿

5 Years Ago

Then whole regards to the imaginary Shubham!👍

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

161 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 19, 2018
Last Updated on June 19, 2018
Tags: sad, horror, macabre, dark


Author

Shubham Sharma
Shubham Sharma

Umbergaon, India



About
I am Shubham Sharma. I am 18 years old and i am a great fan of horror, psychological thriller, erotic thrillers and every darkest of the dark work out there. Disturbing things thrills me deeply but i .. more..

Writing