The Tooth Fairy Is A Thief

The Tooth Fairy Is A Thief

A Story by shweta
"

tooth is not the only thing this tooth fairy is taking away..

"
My five year old daughter was excited; she just lost her first tooth. It was loose for a week. She kept wiggling it, until it finally came out. What a scream! “My tooth came out. My tooth came out. I’ll look ugly for the rest of my life.”
“Oh darling you will not look ugly, a new better tooth will grow in to replace it.”
“Are you sure?”
“Positive.”
“OK.”
“Can I stick the old one back in so I’ll be pretty until the new one grows in?”
“No that would be yucky”
“Then what am I going to do with it?”
“Put it under your pillow, of course.”
“Under my pillow?”
“Yes, under your pillow. Then, the Tooth Fairy will come and replace it with some money.”
“Oh goody, I like money. How much will she give me?”
“When I was a little girl, it was a dime, now I’m not sure but I think it might be a dollar or more. Now put the tooth under your pillow and go to sleep. OK?”
“OK.”
“Goodnight.”
“Goodnight.”
“I thought she’d never fall asleep. Better get a buck from my purse, for her tooth.” said a soft voice.
“Who are you? What are you doing in my purse? Help! Thief, get out of here before I call the cops.” reasonably freaked, I asked in panic.
“Take it easy lady, I’m the Tooth Fairy.”
“Right, and I’m the Easter Bunny. Now get out of here.”
“Seriously, I’m the Tooth Fairy.”
“If you’re the Tooth Fairy, what are you doing in my purse?”
“Collecting money, where do you think I get all that cash that I put under the kids pillows? It doesn’t grow on trees you know.”
“So you steal it? That doesn’t sound right to me. Isn’t there a fairy bank or something where you get money for the kids teeth, and by the way what do you do with all those teeth anyway.”
“Nope, I got to get the funds myself, now let me get to work. Here’s your purse. Where does your daughter sleep? I need those teeth to keep the pearly gates fresh.”
And as I stared at the tiny winged creature, she got off my purse and left a dollar under my little daughter's pillow.

© 2012 shweta


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Sweet little story and a nyc way to present it! I've surely learnt sumthing from you.

Posted 10 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
AK
Nice story! Though you could probably improvise it by using more descriptive words:) keep writing!

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

277 Views
2 Reviews
Added on April 7, 2012
Last Updated on April 7, 2012
Tags: Funny. Quick-lit

Author

shweta
shweta

jaipur, India



About
i am just a novice, beginning to write as words and thoughts evade my mind. more..

Writing
Dawn Dawn

A Story by shweta


One more Chance One more Chance

A Story by shweta