My Best FriEND.

My Best FriEND.

A Story by Simran Kewlani

She was my best friend, we were stuck by the hip. Knowing that she would leave only when the alien would abduct her I never realized her importance. We had known each other for not longer than a year. But it gave me the perfect feeling of having a friend forever. A friend that would never leave. But they say right, things are too good to be true? So, one day we made a pact. According to which if we ever separated, we would meet at the graveyard a year after separation. Why the graveyard? Because any other place was too mainstream. Three years after the pact was made, we still met at the graveyard. But only I did the talking, because six months after the pact was made she was informed that she had a brain tumor, big enough to kill her. I met her everyday without fail. I didn't self harm because I knew she despised such people and I didn't wanna dead best friend to hate me. I even studied properly and kept up my grade because she always complained about my bad marks. This was my way of dealing with the pain of a close one's death. I accepted the pain, not happily but willingly, because we never stopped being best friends. She just couldn't converse with me. :)

© 2014 Simran Kewlani


Author's Note

Simran Kewlani
No, this has not happened to me. Just a little something. :)
Reviews appreciated.
My sincere apologies due to the previous typos. They have been corrected.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

It's nice and beautiful and amazing piece of writing

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Simran Kewlani

9 Years Ago

Haha. Good to know you're not human.
bunny

9 Years Ago

Ahem...it's actually not true 👓
Simran Kewlani

9 Years Ago

I figured.
a story from the heart. good that it didn't happen to you. thanks for sharing!

Posted 9 Years Ago


Simran Kewlani

9 Years Ago

Thank youu. :)
that was really good :) it tells a great story :)

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Simran Kewlani

9 Years Ago

Thank you, Justin.
Justin

9 Years Ago

your welcome keep it up :)
It is showing your heart dear. Absolutely the fine heart and the fine pen you have made. Great as reader I can feel the pain too. Just a memorable piece. Lovely and nicely done dear.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Simran Kewlani

9 Years Ago

Thank you.. :)
few spelling errors, good story of keeping our loved one in our heart....

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Simran Kewlani

9 Years Ago

Thank you, Mayank. :)
this is something different from you and I like it - it was like you were reciting the events to me yourself... it did feel deep and personal, it did feel like it happened to you ...

just so you know there are a couple of typos toward the end .. xx

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Simran Kewlani

9 Years Ago

I typed this on my phone. Hence, the typos. I'll correct it as soon as I can.
And no, I have .. read more
that's very sad Simran, when someone leaves us in this way, we often find ourselves talking to their gravestones, its a lovely story thank you for sharing :)

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Simran Kewlani

9 Years Ago

Thank you, Richard. :)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

279 Views
7 Reviews
Rating
Added on November 1, 2014
Last Updated on November 3, 2014

Author

Simran Kewlani
Simran Kewlani

Mumbai, India



About
Which famous Poet are you?I got Emily Dickinson - Which famous Poet are you?You're like Emily Dickinson. Emily suffered from bouts of depression and melancholy. As a very shy person, she even had tr.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


those stones those stones

A Poem by Latifa


Emotions Emotions

A Poem by Sindu