Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
Wisdom of Zero Space

Wisdom of Zero Space

A Poem by Steve L.
"

This is pretty "off-the-wall" stuff...May be frustrating to read. Probably has a few single malt scotches before putting pen-to-paper...

"

Ancient and forgotten are the scrolls…

Planet… Tomb… Occipital Lobe… Everywhere but nowhere “it” resides…

A passing feeling of nostalgia? A shivering down your spinal cord? An eerie beckoning from the realm of the unconscious stream that flows and shapes to infinity?

Blood is let…Wisdom is theorized about…Planes of thought bound and leap and crawl from one dimension to the millionth…

Folding and stretching and contracting in space and time…

Formulation and neural indulgence cometh from the unknown…

The first firing of chemicals…the next logical step…micro-level simplicity that exploded to the brain-fusion creation of the Large Hadron Collider…

Cannot intellectually grasp the concepts and myriad possibilities that float in the universe and its mind-blowing movement, expansion, implosion, creation…

Existence in the tangible is fleeting and mortal…transcendence in the ether is boundless and free from the shackles of the relentless ticking of a clock and the ebb and flow of the tide…

Secrets lie in waiting for the opportunity to reveal themselves… For the inaugural time or the replication and honing of a message processed and communicated throughout history...

Thought spectrums are detoured to different lobes…however, there is a long-dormant passage that few have travelled…semantics and traditional science cannot remotely grasp its meaning, functionality, potential…

Millennium may pass before the invitation is given…

© 2014 Steve L.


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

you know I get this..dark matter feeling of which is the remembrance of a star, the big bang sheen exploding...with only so much filtrable in the centric sulcus between right and left..i like this journey great write

Posted 9 Years Ago


Steve L.

9 Years Ago

I am really happy that you enjoyed this piece! Thank you!
This is a very deep and thought provoking piece, entwined with an essence of intellectual insight. I recommend breaking down some of the long lines into more than just the one. There are some significant pauses in this piece that really add depth. The perception and perspective is thrown off by such long phrases. Breaking them up would add impact and emphasis. Thank you for sharing and keep up the great work!

Posted 9 Years Ago


Steve L.

9 Years Ago

Thank you for the critique. I agree that I need to break up some of my lines.
Secrets lie in waiting for the opportunity to reveal themselves... an original piece, keep up

Posted 9 Years Ago


Drunk poetry... I love it. It also reaffirms why I don't drink anymore, lol.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Steve L.

9 Years Ago

Ha! Thanks!
Well, yes this was out there but it interesting to read.
And given that you work in a Federal Law Enforcement and do Yoga, I'm not at all surprised you'd be looking for truth, meaning....answers. :)

Posted 9 Years Ago


Steve L.

9 Years Ago

Hmmm...I like that analysis! Never thought of it that way. Thank you.
Matching Socks

9 Years Ago

Well, I was sort of being a smarty pants... :D
OMG, just read my review, forgive the typos!
Steve L.

9 Years Ago

No problem.
"Planes of thought bound and leap and crawl from one dimension to the millionth…" (would cut out one of the "and" here.. (planes of thought bound, leap, and crawl from one dimension to the millionth)

Nice writing, but yes, pretty "out there".. lost me for sure... wheeew, mind-blowing is right...

I see one other reviewer caught two of the things I would change, I would add these suggestions, if I may.......

"Folding and stretching and contracting in space and time…"... (would cut out another of the "and" here)... (Folding, stretching, and contracting in space and time)

"Secrets lie in waiting for the opportunity to reveal themselves…"... (not sure here but shouldn't it be "lie and wait?")



Posted 9 Years Ago


AprilRN1210

9 Years Ago

that is better!!! I try to be helpful, honest, constructive, genuine, and sincere... we are here to .. read more
Steve L.

9 Years Ago

My pleasure :)
AprilRN1210

9 Years Ago

.............:P............
The vastness of the Universe is impossible to grasp. I think perhaps when I have been on the deck of a ship on a moonless night I have come closest to understanding the magnitude of it all. The blackness envelopes and the stars only give a bit of light. Certainly this is stream of consciousness. Not sure where you were going with it, but just as you said, "semantics and traditional science cannot remotely grasp its meaning"....I had trouble with this! :) Lydi**

Posted 9 Years Ago


Steve L.

9 Years Ago

A lot of rambling in this one...Not really sure where it was going. Thank you for the review.
Really cool rush of ideas. The flux of your theme is both expansive and leading us somewhere.

"Wisdom is theorized… " the word "about" seems superfluous and breaks the meter of that line.

"Millennia" is the plural of "Millennium"

Posted 9 Years Ago


Steve L.

9 Years Ago

Thank you for your review! And I cannot believe I used Millennium!! Good catch.
Steve L.

9 Years Ago

And I agree that "about" is a wasted word in this context. I guess the single malt scotch really did.. read more
MomzillaNC

9 Years Ago

You're welcome. And, we all need editors -- at least, that's what my editor claims! :D

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

329 Views
9 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 27, 2014
Last Updated on August 27, 2014
Tags: existential, brain

Author

Steve L.
Steve L.

NJ



About
Life's trials and tribulations provide limitless material for writing... more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..