Life is a Game

Life is a Game

A Poem by Sarah
"

This isn't really a poem, but I was not sure what else to classify it as. One day I would love to incorporate this into a larger story.

"

Life is a game. So I’ve been told. Whenever I hear that, I always think about a dream I used to have when I was younger.  We all walk around the surface of this planet every day: shopping, going to school, and going to work. Deep in the core of the earth there are millions of small beings. In my dream, they looked like chicken nuggets with legs. Even in my sleeping state: I knew these creatures wouldn’t even be bigger than my pinky nail. 

            The nugget people had a job of their own. They all had their own personal computer with controllers and each nugget person was assigned a human. Then they sat with their controller in a trance, controlling every move, every thought, every decision that human made. Every once in a while a person would mess up, and the nugget would give a high-pitched chuckle and continue on. These were just avatars, humans were dispensable.

            The dream always ended with an out of body experience, where I watch myself realize that everything was out of my control: my life, my actions, my relationships, and my decisions. I was only an avatar in this world.

            Life is a game, and I am its game piece.

            As a six year old, I figured out what so many people in denial during all of their years of life. Clearly, those all too many hours of video games were paying off.

© 2012 Sarah


Author's Note

Sarah
I'm a new writer and would LOVE some honest feedback, no matter what direction, I'm just looking to grow! Thanks in advance :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

213 Views
Added on December 14, 2012
Last Updated on December 14, 2012
Tags: Dreams, Cynicism

Author

Sarah
Sarah

Writing
Locked in Pages Locked in Pages

A Story by Sarah


Waves of Thought Waves of Thought

A Story by Sarah