Forgotten Memory 1

Forgotten Memory 1

A Chapter by forbiddendreamer

Anger, hate, jealousy, fear, guilt, shame; they all gathered in my body and soul, with no form of happiness or joy. The feeling of being unwanted followed me everywhere as I ran through the darkened hallways of the mansion.
My heart was aching; it hurt me to see him looking at her like that. It was my sixteenth birthday celebration and I felt everything negative instead of everything good. The dress I wore reached the floor so it made my run difficult but even with the disadvantage I kept going.
I ran into the first door I found, it was to make sure I was far from my servants. I did not realize another person in the room until I caught my breath and finally became aware of my surroundings. I shivered from the ominous presence, I felt as if I should not be there. I looked around and saw a figure standing in the room; he was hidden in the shadows.
“So meet again, Alice,” the voice came from the shadows and the voice sounded familiar. I just stared at the darkened figure. It knew my name and yet I could not tell if the figure was boy or girl. “Your servant is not with thee today? Is she busy flirting with your dear Vincent? That Mary…she lied to you, did she not?”
“Who are you,” I asked the figure, “Mary is my servant and I gave you no permission to speak badly of her. Vincent does not belong to me so I have no reason to worry about him.”
“You’re so bad at lying,” the figure said as it started to move towards me and out of the shadows, “She is your servant and she is betraying you. You’re bothered by it, yet you say that you’re perfectly fine if it stayed like this,” it said as I know saw the figure’s face. It was a man, at least four years older than me. He had raven black hair that flowed around his face and his eyes were deep emerald in color, he looked so familiar.
“Dametri,” I said as I studied his face closely. “It has been so long…why you chose to show up now.”
“Well I’m just here to complete my mission,” he paused and looked at me with a twisted smile that seemed to suit him perfectly, “I came here to take you back.”
“Take me back where,” I asked him but he never answered my question. He closed the distance between us in a matter of seconds and I let out one last scream.
He put his hand over my mouth and I became dizzy, I eventually went unconscious and fell into his arms. The guards in the mansion heard my scream and came running into the room to find the man holding on to me. I looked like a dead, limp creature in his arms; I had no form of muscle control. “Give us back the mistress,” Mary said as she entered the room, Vincent was following closely behind.
“I’m afraid I can’t do that,” the man said as he held me in his arms as if I was a sleeping baby, “I’m here to take her and that’s what I shall do.”
“Stop,” Vincent yelled, “What importance does she have to you?”
“You must be Vincent,” the man said as he turned, “You did not notice the importance of her, I guess that’s information you have to discover on your own.”
“Wait,” Mary yelled as the man started to walk away with me still in his arms. Mary was on the floor and completely broken down, she was crying. The man looked at her with a twisted smile on his face; he threw down a smoke ball. When the smoke cleared, we were both gone.
I woke up in an unfamiliar room with no memories. “So your awake now Alice,” a man’s voice said. I sat up and looked around, I found a man standing close to me while another man standing next to a table. The table had two cups on it and had two chairs; there was also food on the table though it was not much food.
“Who are you,” I asked him as I searched my mind, “Who is Alice?”
“Oh…you’re Alice,” he said with a gentle smile, “My name is Dametri while my servant over there,” he pointed, “His name is Damien.”
“Um if you don’t mind me asking Damien,” I asked though my gut told me not to trust him, “Where am I?”
“That bump on the head must have done more damage to your memory then we originally thought,” Damien said with another gentle smile, “Your home.”
“Home,” I could not help state that as a question. How could I be so sure that this was really my home? My mind might not remember but the body also has memories that can never be forgotten. This place had nothing familiar to it. These thoughts went through my mind as I looked up at Damien.
I was about to ask another question when a Dametri reentered the room with a woman following. “Ah there you are Astrid,” Damien said addressing the woman who just entered, “I need you to get Alice a change of clothes and get her to the baths.”
“Yes sir,” Astrid said as she watched me. She had a look of hate and distain in her eyes and the look alone made me want to run and hide. She took her eyes off me for a second to look at Damien and her eyes seemed to show longing and by that look I found one reason for her to not like me.
Damien was sitting on my bed side and patting my head with love and affection radiating off of him. “Damien please stop”, I said to him when a word popped into my mind, “I think she’s jealous…”
“Do you even know what jealousy is,” Dametri asked me. I turned to him and somehow his voice was the only familiar one to me. I stared at him for a couple of minutes before I asked a question, “Have we met before?”
“What are you talking about Alice,” Damien asked as he rested his hand on my cheek and pushed my face so I was looking at him, “You know all of us.”
“No I don’t,” I said as I removed his hand from my face, “Out of all of you Dametri is the only voice I recognize…”
“It didn’t work as well as I hope,” Damien said as the gentle smile on his face turned into an evil one. An ominous aura seemed to surround him and fear took over my body. I felt paralyzed as I looked into Damien’s eyes.
He reached his hand out to grab me but I kept moving back, I became completely paralyzed once I felt my back hit the wall. I had no way of escape as he took a hold of my arms and pinned me against the wall. His eyes looked as if they could see into the depths of hell and he called to Astrid, “Get me the medicine, we’ll make her forget everything and make her mine.”
Alice took the request with deep disgust as she headed out the door to get the medicine that he asked for. I screamed and kicked for freedom, I knew that it would do me no good but I could not give up without trying. I kept flailing my legs and ended up kicking him right where it hurt.
He doubled over in pain and let go of me immediately. My body screamed at me to run and I ran for it. “Dametri after her,” Damien yelled as I made it out the door. I kept running at full speed but Dametri caught me in a matter of minutes.
He dragged me back to the room by my arm and I tried to fight back, I was unsuccessful. I was dragged back into the room and I looked up at Dametri, he never broke a sweat in my attempts to escape. All my effort was just wasted seeing how he did not notice me even trying. I looked around the room to find Damien completely recovered and Alice at his side with hate in her eyes.
Damien grabbed my arm and pulled me towards him. I was violently pulled to his side and Dametri just let go without a second thought. He was the only familiar one in the household but the way he just let me go proved to me that he was just an enemy. Damien called his guards to hold me down while he took the medicine from Astrid and held it above me.
He was taunting me with it; he smiled an evil grin as he watched my eyes follow the bottle. He finally became bored with his taunt and took a hold of my face; he forced my jaw open and poured the drink down my throat. There was not a drop left once he was finished.
They all let go of me as I seized my attempts at fending them off. My consciousness was slipping from me. The familiarity of it all seemed to slip away as one lonely tear escaped my eye.
“Dametri put her in the bed,” Damien ordered, “She won’t be remembering any of this.”
“Yes sir,” Dametri said as he walked over to my side. He picked me up with ease and put me on the bed with ease. When he turned around he saw Damien leave the room with Astrid right at his heels. Since he was not called he found no need to follow.
He sat next to me, the bed made movement as he sat but my body made no reaction to the movement. “I wonder what he needs a sixteen year old girl for,” he said as he patted my head. My body acted on it’s own to his touch, “Dametri you’ve returned…”
Shock overshadowed his face, “This child shouldn’t remember me…memories of me should have been erased long ago.”
“Dametri,” Damien’s voice came from downstairs, “Join us I need you assistance.”
He stopped patting my head and went to Damien; he followed him just like a loyal servant. There was no way that he could ever betray Damien.
As I lay in that bed I started to feel pain. My body was rejecting the so called medicine; it would not allow me to forget anymore. I wanted to scream out in pain but I only screamed in my mind, I subconsciously told myself that screaming out loud would just make my situation worse.
The pain first surged into my mind, I felt as though the pain would make my head explode. Then it slowly and painfully traveled to my toes. I was soon shaken awake and the pain left my body in an instant. I threw my eyes open to see Dametri’s face floating right above mine; his eyes were full of worry.
“Alice are you okay,” he asked in a calm voice though worry and panic hid in his eyes. Then pain surged through me again as I remembered what happened before I took the ‘medicine’, so I had to play along. “Who is Alice,” I asked him. I did not recognize my own voice, it sounded weak and pathetic. As I looked up at the familiar face that belong to Dametri and hateful face appeared in front of me, Damien’s face appeared over mine with his fake smile plastered on. “Why your Alice,” he said as he did before, the kindness in his voice was so fake and forced that I could not believe I’ve never noticed it before.
“Who are you,” I asked him following the events that happened the first time I woke from being medicated. “Oh the bump must have did more then we thought,” he followed his old words, it was like he was reciting them for a play, “I’m Damien. Dametri is right her and over there in the corner is Astrid,” he pointed to each person accordingly. I looked at them as they were each introduced. “Where am I,” I asked him as I looked into his eyes.
“You home Alice,” he said as I now realized that this was a lie. I smiled up at him and I felt Astrid’s cold and hateful stare. Damien patted my head with love and affection but this time I said nothing about Astrid feeling jealousy.
I slowly sat up in my bed and as I made the slow movements pain shot through my body. I hid it from showing on my face; I hid it well because no one noticed. I looked around the room and the memories came to me with pain accompanied. I hid it from my face but hiding it seemed to give me a dazed look. “Are you okay darling Alice,” Damien asked me.
“I’m fine,” I looked at him, he disgusted me but I could not show it yet; I could not afford showing my disgust. I just played along with his game when he called out to Astrid, “Please get her some clothes and take her to the shower.”
I look of shock and hate contorted her once beautiful facial figures, she probably hated the face that it was the second time that she was asked this favor. Unexpectedly Dametri interrupted, “If it doesn’t bother you I’ll take her to get ready,” he said, “Astrid does not seem up to the job at the moment.”
The fact that he offered and basically embarrassing her in front of Damien her face was overshadowed with fury. “Do as you wish,” Damien said with no realization of the bad vibes flowing in the room. Dametri walked over to the room door and stood there, it took me a couple of minutes to realize that he was waiting for me. I scrambled up off the bed and followed him out of the room.
We walked a couple of minutes in silence and when we were out of hearing distance he started to speak. “Alice do you remember me,” he asked me. Crap he can’t figure out it’s too early; I have to keep with this act until I find a way out. “I’m sorry I don’t remember much,” I said with a childish smile, though it did not reach my eyes.
“You don’t remember Mary or Vincent…you don’t remember your parents…your actual home,” he asked me without stopping his stride.
“What are you talking about this is my…” I started and I doubled over in pain, the memories flowed back to my mind. The pain was becoming too much to bare. I laid there on the cold floor of the hallway; I wanted to scream at my loudest. “Alice, are you okay,” Dametri dropped to my side but I held back the urge to scream as the pain surged through my body.
The pain lasted for thirty minutes but Dametri stayed by my side the whole time, he never bothered to go get help. I steadied myself and sat up, cold sweat was all over and it drenched my clothes. Dametri helped me up off the floor and steadied me on his harm as we continued like the pain never happened.
We returned to the room in an hour’s time and I was wearing a beautiful gothic like dress that went just pass my knees. The front of the dress was laced in the front on the top half in an X pattern while the bottom flowed nicely and fluttered with the wind. My dark brown curls were down and framed my face while my hazel eyes looked innocent; at least I hoped they did, that’s what I was going for…a look of innocence. Once I entered the room I locked my thoughts up in a box and focused on acting my part. “This dress is so beautiful,” I said with a twirl and a plastered smile.
“You look beautiful in that,” he said as he walked over to me, “Not that you’re not always beautiful.”
“Um Damien,” I asked him with, what I hope, was complete innocence in my voice, “What am I too you?”
“My fiancée of course,” he said as he touched my face. I wanted to move away from his touch but something told me that moving would be a bad idea. He removed his hand from his face and the place he touched me felt dirty and I wanted to scrub it clean. I kept the smile plastered on my face, hoping not to raise suspicion.
I looked around the room and saw Astrid’s hateful stare while my eyes found Dametri, I had to look quickly away because his eyes were full of worry. It’s too early for him to find out, I have no plan of escape, I couldn’t help but to keep thinking. I had a gut feeling that Dametri knew that I never forgot anything and that my memories were slowly returning.
“Is that so,” the smile never wavered, “I guess since my memories are bad at the moment that I’ll take your word for it and we were very much in love.”
“Don’t use the were, that’s past tense,” he kissed me on the lips, “We still are very much in love,” I could not help but to realize the emphasis that he put on the word are; his kiss disgusted me. He turned towards Astrid and Dametri, their attention quickly focused on him; I took that opportunity to wipe my mouth with the sleeve of the dress. “Astrid I need you to go down to the kitchen to make sure that dinner will go perfectly tonight,” Damien ordered, “And Dametri I need you to stay with Alice, keep her company…I still have one more task I need to complete.”
“Yes sir,” Dametri and Astrid said in unison and Astrid walked out of the room, Damien followed just shortly after. Once Damien was gone I lie down on the bed and let out a sigh, though it was barely auditable.
“Is there anything I can do for you,” Dametri asked as he walked over to the side of the bed.
“I need time to think,” I said simply hoping that those words would not give me away, “I have no need for your service at the moment.”
“Yes madam,” he gave a bow, “You must have a lot to think about seeing how you forgot most of your life and your learning about it all in one day.”
God he’s stupid, I could not help but to think to myself. I went on with his thoughts, “What would you do in this kind of situation,” I sat up and looked at him, “Waking up in a weird and strange place and being told of things that you can’t even remember.”
“I don’t know,” he said to me with another bow. I hated how formal he was with me…I remembered the old him and I did not want to adapt to the formal way he dealt with me now. I felt tears coming to my eyes and I no longer tried to hold them back, “Then your no used to me now are you,” there was a harsh tone in my voice that wasn’t intended, “Why…”
“Alice,” he reached to wipe my tears away.
“Don’t touch me,” I screamed at him, “You aren’t the Dametri that I remember!”
“The Dametri you…remember,” his tone was questioning. Oh crap the thought frantically swirled in my mind, did I just hint to him that the medicine didn’t work on me? Is my cover now blown because of my rage! This is all wrong he was never supposed to find out, more tears came from my eyes, I just want the smiling and caring face from the Dametri that I used to know.
“Please lay down madam,” he lightly pushed my head down so it rested on the pillow, “Today has obviously been a lot of stress for you so please rest,” he laid the covers over me and I did not protest. He smiled at my willing behavior and I could not help but let more tears roll out of my eyes and down my cheeks, it was the smile of the Dametri that I knew and loved with all of my heart.
The smile that brought me tears of joy also made me feel a good amount of pain. The pain I felt from his smile was a complete mystery but the more I looked at him the pain seemed to grow. I turned my face from him and stared at the white wall. I never turned back to face him but I heard his footsteps move away from the bed that I now laid in.
I heard the door open once more and then heard of footsteps enter the room. Unwillingly I turned to see who entered the room. I was not surprised to see Damien reenter the room with Astrid following closely behind. I quickly shut my eyes to play off the fact that I was not resting as Damien made his way towards the bed.
He moved the hair from his face and whispered gently, “Dinner is ready my dear Alice it is now time to wake and join me.”
I opened my eyes slowly as if I was just waking and I looked him in the face. I slowly sat up and looked around the room, they believed my acting; none of them questioned if I was faking it or if I did not sleep a wink. “Why hello Damien,” a smile escaped my lips. I forced the smile but I did my best to keep it looking like a natural glad-to-see-you smile. He bought it and gently smiled back, he reached his hand out to me and I reluctantly took it.
He pulled me out of the bed and I staggered a bit as my feet hit the floor. I staggered since I became lightheaded once I stood up but that little mistake of mine seemed to attribute to my story of me just waking up. Damien grabbed my arm to help me steady myself and once I was steady he still did not let go. I did not like being protected by such a fowl man but he passed me over to Astrid and my mood just dropped more. “I expect her to be as beautiful as she can be for our dinner tonight,” he told Astrid and she simply nodded as Dametri and Damien left the room.
“Don’t think he’s all yours,” Astrid said as she forcibly pushed me down in a chair in front of the armoire.
“I’m his fiancée right,” I said with a harsh tone, “So he is all mine and you really can’t do anything about it can you, he did chose me over you anyways.”
Hatred flashed through her eyes and I felt satisfaction from just saying those words to her, none of them were true but someone had to put Astrid in her place. Astrid finished getting me ready for dinner in silence; my words seemed to hurt her. I did not really care; I was in a strange situation and away from my real family. Unknown people surrounded me and I was going to be forced to marry an evil and vindictive man. At the moment I should only be worrying about myself, and that is what I intended to do.
I followed Astrid to the dining room in silence; she was still not saying a word after I hurt her feelings. I felt fine like that; I had no need to actually get close to anyone in this godforsaken house.
“Welcome madam Astrid,” Dametri’s voice drifted to her ears as she entered the dining room. Astrid stepped back as Dametri stepped forward and held his hand out to me, my instincts told me that I had to take his hand and that is exactly what I did. He kissed the top of my hand then released it, he started to walk and I followed.
We stopped when we reached a long and lavishly decorated table; it had food packed on it with only two chairs. Both the chairs were on the farthest ends of the table and Damien was already sitting in his chair. “I see you’ve finally made it,” he said with a smirk, “You’re as beautiful as ever.”
“Take your seat,” Damien said as Dametri pulled a seat out for me. I did as I was told and sat down and once my butt hit the chair Dametri pushed me closer to the table. I looked back at him and he backed away, I turned forward and watched a maid place a plate in front of me. I started to eat and dinner went on in silence until Damien tried to strike up a conversation.



© 2009 forbiddendreamer


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

95 Views
Added on April 3, 2009
Last Updated on April 7, 2009


Author

forbiddendreamer
forbiddendreamer

Kissimmee, FL



About
I'm Adreana and that's one true fact. I'm a 17 and still trying to get through high school. I'm a musician but I still like the other artistic professions. There's not much to me, so this is all yo.. more..

Writing