Forgotten Memory 2

Forgotten Memory 2

A Chapter by forbiddendreamer

After dinner ended I rushed up to the room that he provided for me, I some how escaped Dametri and Astrid so I was the only one in my room. I walked over to the window and opened it to let the air in. As soon I opened the window the wind blew in my face and my hair danced around with the wind. The wind cleared my head like it did many times before, it made me feel free.

The moon was full and brightened up the night sky while the stars twinkled around it. It was such a beautiful picture and I just wanted to become part of it, just fade away into the beautiful night sky. As I entered my peaceful state there was a knock on the door, before I could say anything my door was opened and Dametri walked in.

I stared at him with some surprise, “What can I do for you?”

He did not answer me but he closed the door behind him and walked closer to me and I backed away. “You remember don’t you, you remember everything,” he was not himself. He looked frantic and pleading as I stared at him, my mouth was hanging wide open.

“I don’t know what you’re talking about,” the innocence in my voice was fake but convincing as I evaded his arms. He turned to me but he stopped advancing, “I know you remember me,” he said with sadden eyes. I quickly looked away from him as guilt tingled through my body, I could not look at him and lie.

“Look at me,” his voice was demanding.

“No,” I said, “I don’t know what you’re talking about.”

“If that’s true then say it to my face,” Dametri’s voice was desperate as I turned to him.

“Why do you want an answer so badly,” I changed the subject as I looked into his eyes.

“No I don’t.”

“You do I can hear it in your voice, you really can’t underestimate me.”

“Just answer my question.”

“I have and you haven’t answered mine,” I was getting aggravated. He stared at me and I stared right back. He shook his head as if he was trying to rid of bad thoughts; he turned away from me and left the room. What the heck was that about, I thought to myself as I walked over to the opened window. I looked out to the night sky once more before I closed the window and headed to my bed.

After talking to Dametri I realized how exhausted I actually was as I collapsed into my bed. My bed hit the pillow and bounced back up into the air before it settled into the soft pillow. I pulled the covers over myself and I felt safe as soon as those covers came over me. I felt the warmth of my mother’s hug in those covers and I drifted off to a peaceful sleep.

In the morning I was startled and sat up quickly in my bed, someone was banging on my door. I took the covers off myself and slowly went to the bedroom door, I opened it to reveal Dametri and I rubbed my eyes to make sure I was seeing him right.

He looked horrible, nothing like he did yesterday. His hair was in a mess and he had circles under is eyes, they were still developing but they were dark enough to notice. “Did you sleep last night Dametri,” I asked him but he did not answer. He just looked at me and pushed his way into my room locking the door behind him.

He fell to the floor and on a closer inspection I realized that he was bleeding and his clothes where shredded in many places. “What happened,” I screamed and dropped down next to him. I examined his wounds and they were all deep, they look as if they were created by whipping. “Please help me,” he said, his voice was growing weak from the loss of blood.

“I can’t help you if you don’t say what happened,” I said as I ran to my drawer to get some cloth. I came back with a couple of crappy shirts and started to wrap his wounds.

“Damien thinks your lying about your memory,” he said, “That’s why I came to you last night. He doesn’t believe I got the truth from you so this is my punishment.”

“That’s horrible,” my voice was quite. I helped him up and checked to see if he could walk on his own. It was possible so we walked over to my bed and I sat him down. I ran over to my drawers and dug for a shirt that was big enough to fit him and after about twenty minutes I found one.

I walked back over to him with the shirt in my hand. I took the shredded shirt off of him and revealed his scared chest. I stared at it before I carefully slipped the new shirt on him, “Are they still sleeping,” I asked him.

“They are,” he answered, “It’s four o’clock in the morning…no one’s up yet.”

“Then why are you up,” I was buttoning up his shirt.

“I escaped from my prison,” he said, “They usually keep me there all night.”

I felt anger rise up in me as I heard his words, I helped him get up off the bed and I supported him as we walked over to the door. I unlocked it and we headed out into the hallway, I did not dare to look back. We walked together in silence; I made my way to the front door with Dametri’s guidance.

No one stopped us as we got out the door and headed straight out the gate, since no one was up yet we had no one to stop us. The gate would have been a challenge if I did not have Dametri with me; he unlocked the gate with a code.

I walked out of the estate without a single problem, I had a feeling that it was not going to be that easy later on but at the moment I just kept moving forward.

A forest was not that far from the front gate of Damien's mansion and that was our destination. It was hard for me to maneuver through the forest while trying to keep Dametri upright and steady.

We eventually made it to a clearing where I made a pillow out of some of he grass and laid Dametri's head onto the pillow. "Get home while you still can," Dametri said as I looked around the woods for some branches to start a fire with, I turned to him, "I'll get you home with me and then we'll live like the old days."

"They won't allow me back there," Dametri said as he tried to sit up, "I'm the one who kidnapped you."

"They'll let you back," my smile was smug, "It'll be on my order and they can't disobey a direct order from me."

"How can you trust me so easily?"

"Because I know you regretted kidnapping me," I put all the wood in a pile on the ground and looked around for two sturdy rocks, "I saw it in your eyes...you shouldn't underestimate me."

"I can't win against you," he said as he sat up; a smile was spread across his face.

"No you can't," I said playfully as I smiled back at him. I found two rocks that created a great spark when rubbed together and the sparks from those two rocks started a fire.

Dametri and I spoke until daybreak, there was a rustling in the bushes.  



© 2009 forbiddendreamer


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

101 Views
Added on April 7, 2009


Author

forbiddendreamer
forbiddendreamer

Kissimmee, FL



About
I'm Adreana and that's one true fact. I'm a 17 and still trying to get through high school. I'm a musician but I still like the other artistic professions. There's not much to me, so this is all yo.. more..

Writing