Chapter two

Chapter two

A Chapter by That One Chick

Oura jumps awake. What was that? She asked herself in her mind. She didn't dare move. DUNK. There it is again. She slowly opens her eyes, and lets them adjust to the dark. DUNK. Don't be scared. It's probably just Buho trying to find a nice place to rest.  DUNK. Her eyes adjusted enough for her to see the rest of her nest. Furniture was knocked over and knick knacks were thrown about, as of her nest had been ransacked. She slowly got out of bed. I shouldn't do this. Oura creeped toward her door. DUNK. I really shouldn't do this. She opened her door.

 

The air was crisp. In the distance the glow of dawn was returning to the forest. Above her was the midnight blue sky dotted with twinkling white spots. DUNK. Her tree was being thumped near the base, by something strong, but not tall. As long as she kept her footing, Oura could take a peek at who was attacking her home. She jumped down her tree. Levels at a time. Half-way down. DUNK. Oura stayed on her feet. Down more. She still couldn't see whoever was attacking her home. Down some more. Only a quarter of the tree left. She slowed her pace. She became nervous at the fact that she still didn't spot her attacker.

 

DUNK. There he was. A large ram stood at the base of Oura's evergreen, mere feet below her. She jumped up a branch.

 

"State your business!" Oura bellowed, with more force than you'd expect from a squirrel, from her perch. The ram stopped moving. He looked up into the tree, but did not see Oura.

 

"I am here to escort Oura, Grey Squirrel, to the stone table of the highlands. As by order of the rulers of the lands." The ram stated, staring at the base of the tree.

 

"State your name." Oura commanded.

 

"I am Bucca. May i ask your name?" The ram asked raising his vioce.

 

"Why do the rulers of the lands want Oura, Grey Squirrel?" Oura asked loudly.

 

"I was only given a mission. I can only share my information with Oura, Gery Squirrel. Are you Oura?"

 

"Yes, Bucca. I am Oura."

 

"Please, come quickly, Oura. The kingdom is in much need of your assistance."

 

"I am only a squirrel. How could I be of assisstance?"

 

"Gather your things. We must leave before sunrise to reach our destination on time."



© 2010 That One Chick


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

92 Views
Added on January 16, 2010
Last Updated on January 16, 2010


Author

That One Chick
That One Chick

New Castle, DE



About
Hello! I am a seventeen year old girl. I'm here for help. I love the pieces that I have written and if there is any way I can improve them I'd love them even more. Any input or advise would be highly .. more..

Writing