Chapter three

Chapter three

A Chapter by That One Chick

Oura climbed on Bucca's back, avoiding his curved horns. He was obviously from the grasslands of Pampa. Oura had only heard of the other lands of Eld, she had never left the forest before.

 

"Hold on to my fur. We have a long trek and I shall be moving rather quickly." Bucca warned as he began running towards the wood's edge.

 

Oura looks back at her home, now fading off into the distance. Her friends would be waking up shortly, only to find her gone. With an unbelieveable note left behind.

 

To whom it may concern,

I am still fuzzy (PUNS) on the details of this, but I am being escorted to the stone table in the highlands by a ram named Bucca, as he was ordered by the rulers of the lands. I will be gone by morning. Wish me luck.

With love, Oura

Oura believed that her friends would think her insane. This is gathering season, if any of us in the wood wish to survive, we must stock up food for the cold season. They will think me more stupid than a nut for leaving now, no matter the reason. Oura could see the brightness from the edge of the wood getting even brighter, but her home was lost in the forest.

 

Bucca picked up speed as there was less cover in the understudy of the forest. Oura held his fur tighter. She had never ridden another animal before. The entire situation made her uncomfortable. She was leaving her home, her sanctuary, with a strange ram from a far away land, that had not only been rudely thumping her tree, but he was rudely thumping her tree in the wee hours of the morning. She was also entrusting her life with a complete stranger that could by lying about all of this. Bucca had not given proof of his mission or even of his name. Oura held on tighter, hoping that this was all a dream.

 

Bucca has white fur, a short, diamond-shaped tail, and golden brown, tightly curled horns. He has large slanted brown eyes, and his voice is deep. His white fur is splattered with mud.

 

"How are you doing up there?" Bucca asks.

 

"Doing fine. How far is it to the highlands?" Oura replied.

 

"Hours by hoof, maybe days. Do not worry. I will get us there." Bucca said, picking up speed. The pair had reached the boundary of the forest. Oura looked back and sighed. The forest seemed dark.

 

"Bucca, you said something about information back in the wood. Do you mind sharing?" Oura asked.

 

"When we reach the stone table i am to stay. I have heard rumors of war in Eld, some I am afraid to say I believe are more than rumors. Just before i was sent to you, I overheard my supirior talking with his supirior about gathering the strongest rams of our division," Bucca replied, "I can only assume that i am not one of them, because i was sent to find you."



© 2010 That One Chick


Author's Note

That One Chick
This may or may not be the full chapter three. its as far as i have gotten and if there is more it will be posted asap.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

76 Views
Added on January 17, 2010
Last Updated on January 17, 2010


Author

That One Chick
That One Chick

New Castle, DE



About
Hello! I am a seventeen year old girl. I'm here for help. I love the pieces that I have written and if there is any way I can improve them I'd love them even more. Any input or advise would be highly .. more..

Writing