knowing you

knowing you

A Story by mackenzie :)
"

...

"
I want to know you at two in the morning. I want to know your midnight smile and the way your voice sounds when its shushed by the night's cold finger against your lips. I want to know our hands together at 1:53 when we've been laying for hours and sleep still won't come. I want to know you with your eyes fluttering closed and the rise and fall of your chest regulating in sleep. I want to know you there. I want to know you the next morning, with strands of hair, seemingly kissed by the sun, falling into your face. I need to see your smile, the lines of your lips shadowed and softened by the light. What is it like to know you when you're so happy you feel like screaming it from the sidewalk? Although it would break me, I want to see you when you're so depressed you can't make it out of bed because I want to see you all the time, in every way. i want to know you every where, in every state... because knowing you is everything. i'm glad i knew you in the morning, barely awake but there, a small smile gracing your lips as you laugh beside me. i'm glad i knew your smile surrounded by grass, laughing up at me again. always laughing. i'm glad i knew your arms around my waist and i'm glad i knew your voice when it wasn't drowned out by so many others. Your hands weren't the first I knew but they were the first i'd recognized longing in my heart for. to feel your palm pressed against mine while i watch our fingers fall into place one by one because in those moments, time slows and all i know is you. all i want to know is you. but you don't mind knowing me anywhere but where you do. i disappear from your memory, i don't linger or make you feel. how ironic, that everything i feel is you. and you don't even know my name past a certain time, you don't even know my memory when i'm not there. 

© 2016 mackenzie :)


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Nice, the general tone was bittersweet and longing. Although you may want to capitalise the second half


Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

mackenzie :)

7 Years Ago

thank you for the feedback :)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

92 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on November 23, 2016
Last Updated on November 23, 2016

Author

mackenzie :)
mackenzie :)

PA



About
i'm mackenzie :) i'm fourteen years of age from a small niche in Pennsylvania where nothing worth while ever happens... hope you like my writing! more..

Writing
flowers flowers

A Story by mackenzie :)


escape escape

A Story by mackenzie :)