flowers

flowers

A Story by mackenzie :)
"

about a girl

"
if flowers fell from trees like your hair falls into your eyes i would never leave my room. three shades brighter of a red and it still entrances me when it sweeps into the dark sunken in eyes on your face like the color of your pen that leaves strokes of boredom on your arm in class or the paint that lays in the pallet settled between us like a barrier that i could cross but won't because if i did you'd know. i'd say your skin was like pale roses settled in rose water but its not. your skin is pale and dotted with red blotches like paint spilled over your face and now you're stained. maybe the paint dripping down your thigh instead of your self portrait was meant to happen and sent from a higher power. maybe the way you look alive and awake only when you speak of the things you enjoy will stop playing over and over in my mind and i could actually pay attention to primary colors and Matisse style art instead of believing that you're better than any of the pieces in the room.
if we had a galaxy just for you and i, i believe it would be better than the Milky way or any other undiscovered galaxies. you'd be the moon, all pale white but still glowing in a way some won't understand... but i see it. i'd like to say i understand it but i don't. i don't understand you. the beautiful art of you. you are painted thighs and sunken in eyes and i don't know if i will ever understand you. but if flowers fell from trees like your hair falls into your eyes, i'd never leave my room. 
if there was a galaxy for just you and me i'd want it to be a safe place, free from the horrors that lurk in the impossible temperatures and illusion of darkness in outer space. but the world hasn't found a way to avoid asteroids so neither have i. of course, in a galaxy all our own asteroids would exist but hopefully they'd miss us. there is a larger asteroid in our galaxy and its flaming bright purple and blue and leaving bits and pieces of heartbreak in it's wake. from what I've been told, my moon with painted thighs and sunken in eyes has a galaxy all her own with this asteroid. i can't deny it's perfect. her ink stained hands match your painted thighs but i can't help feeling like our galaxy is more beautiful. 
if flowers grew in space i'd pick you the flowers in our galaxy and hopefully it would make you smile. if flowers grew in space, maybe i'd be more, mean more than you asteroid. maybe, if it rained in space and flowers grew, i'd pick you the most beautiful ones of all and maybe you'd stay. you're beautiful. but if flowers grew in space you'd never pick the flowers i picked you because i am just a star in the galaxy with many others more lovely than i. 

© 2016 mackenzie :)


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

92 Views
Added on November 25, 2016
Last Updated on November 25, 2016

Author

mackenzie :)
mackenzie :)

PA



About
i'm mackenzie :) i'm fourteen years of age from a small niche in Pennsylvania where nothing worth while ever happens... hope you like my writing! more..

Writing
escape escape

A Story by mackenzie :)