Chapter two: I Dreams of Darkness

Chapter two: I Dreams of Darkness

A Chapter by Abbie
"

Chapter Two of My Silent Insanity! Gwendolyn is Dreaming BTW, in case you didn't know from the title... So I hope you like it!

"

Hey! this chapter is dedicated to Mother Mary's Daughter. Awesome person and Writer! Please read some of her beautiful work! :)   

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

     A field, green and lush. So quiet. So peaceful. I could stay here forever. I walk through the field. It's sunny out. Not a cloud in the sky. I come upon a river that appears out of nowhere. It runs cool and clear.

 

     I look down to see my beautiful reflection. My long dark brown hair flowing behind me. My vibrant deep sea blue eyes.  A light smile lighting up my face. That is NOT what I see.

 

     I see a hideous monster. Her eyes glow red like blood. Her hair is blue,which is strange, and gnarled. Her skin as pale as the moon. Her mouth curled to an evil smirk upon her face. She is me, but she is not me. I know that she is not me. She could not possibly be me. Though, if she were not me, why is she my reflection?

 

     I look down at myself. I am wearing rags soaked with blood. My skin is the palest it has ever been. My fingers are long and knobby. My nails are now talons, dripping in blood. So much blood! too much blood!

 

     Then when it could not have gotten any worse it did. My reflection started to talk to me.

 

     "Don't we look beautiful? I think that we look way better now than we ever did, don't you think?" The reflection said.

 

     "N-n-no." I said my voice quivering with fear.

 

     "Aww. Well, too bad for you because this is how we are staying. You are in my realm now Gwendolyn. I have the power now. Not you. Soon I shall have the power to take over your body during the day and night!" The reflection said laughing joyously.

 

     "What do you mean? You can't control me! I'm not a puppet!" I screeched. The reflection laughed.

 

     "Oh, my dear, that is exactly what you are." The reflection said howling with laughter. 

 

     Then I felt them. Strings had latched themselves onto my wrists and ankles. I looked up to see a larger version of the reflection towering over me, holding the wooden thing that the strings were attached to. She then tugged causing one of the strings to make my leg move forward. then she had me walk around for a bit before causing me to move my arms around wildly.

 

     "Don't you see? You have no power.I am the one in control Fear me!" She said cackling in delight.

 

     Suddenly, a crack formed. It was endless. The reflection hung me right over it. I was so frightened to death that I barely managed to speak. But finally I was able to say something.

 

     "W-who are you?" I whispered.

 

     "I am Inferi, Your personal Hell." She replied then she dropped the strings and I plummeted into darkness.

 

 



© 2012 Abbie


Author's Note

Abbie
Hope you liked this chapter! :D please rate and review!!!! Oh, and the picture is of what Gwendolyn sees herself as in the river. sorry if it creeps you out...

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

That's creepy. I love how well the puppet was used to really show the lack of control she has, and the scary circumstance. I think this chapter actually developed the plot a lot more, it really introduced Inferi. It's quite interesting.

Posted 11 Years Ago


This is freaking amazing!!!

Posted 12 Years Ago


This is really good. I like the idea of her being a puppet and everything. The only thing is, it sort of feels a bit brief. I mean, maybe you could have a little more detail on how she's feeling? Like, how she felt when her reflection spoke.
Other than that, this is really well written. I love it. :D
xx

Posted 12 Years Ago


I loved this! i'm in looove with the whole puppet idea. This is freaking amazing, and I"m not just saying that!
also, I loved this line
; "Oh, my dear, that is exactly what you are."

Posted 12 Years Ago


yeah, I didn't like the ending that I put. I couldn't think of a name then. But I fixed it! I think it sounds better now! :) I think I fixed all the spelling errors. sorry about those, I suck at spelling. :P

Posted 12 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
AK
Awesome going! Though personally I found the last line very cliché...there are also a few spelling errors-puppet not pupput, ankles not ankels, plummeted not plumeted and so on. Keep writing!

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

211 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 5, 2012
Last Updated on April 20, 2012
Tags: dream, sleep, evil, voices, crazy, insane


Author

Abbie
Abbie

MA



About
hey guys! I'm Abbie :) about me: I'm fourteen I love to read I love to write I like anime I'm in the eight grade, soon to be ninth I want to be a teacher when i grow up I also want to pub.. more..

Writing
Fall of Angels Fall of Angels

A Poem by Abbie


Her Fall Her Fall

A Poem by Abbie


Honesty Honesty

A Poem by Abbie