Mother of the Bride - Chapter Two

Mother of the Bride - Chapter Two

A Chapter by SM Davis

I looked up in disbelief as a tear trickled down his cheek.  It had really happened.  The words were really on the screen.  I had not somehow fallen into a delusion of my own making.  I had not cracked under the pressure of wanting something I would never have again.  I, in that moment, became the "Mother of the Bride".  Emotion of an unexplainable magnitude possessed every fiber of my being.  My chest hurt...looking back now it was no surprise as I realized that I had been holding my breath for what must have been a full minute and some seconds.  As I exhaled, no grace involved, tears were blown all over the room with what I'm sure was mixed with more than a bit of snot. 

 

I looked up into his face and the look on it was peculiar at best.  A smirk, perhaps, but more of a humorous irony.  Here, the woman he had married, was sitting before him without a shred of dignity.  Yes, that's right, the same woman who went ten years before allowing him to know that my bowels move.  The woman who had never wanted the illusion of infatuation to lift sat before him in that moment blowing snot into the ceiling fan while bouncing up and down on the balls of her feet on the couch.

 

Wiping my face with my sleeve, smearing the tears and snot all over my face, I looked at my husband who surely must have thought an alien had taken over his wife.

 

"SHE LOVES ME!" I shouted.  "She REALLY loves me!"  Tears stained my foundation-smothered cheeks as I picked up the phone and said the words I wondered if I'd ever say again...

 

 



© 2008 SM Davis


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

lol @

--Yes, that's right, the same woman who went ten years before allowing him to know that my bowels move. The woman who had never wanted the illusion of infatuation to lift sat

i relate!

funny with the sally field moment!

Posted 15 Years Ago


More diginity in these tears than in just about anything else I can think of. When it comes love such as here displayed is open and full and cannot be held in. Nor should it be.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

148 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on November 10, 2008
Last Updated on November 16, 2008


Author

SM Davis
SM Davis

One step from the depths of Hell, AZ



About
I write. I sing. I dance. Often. more..

Writing
Ever Ever

A Poem by SM Davis


Panic Panic

A Story by SM Davis



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Maybe... Maybe...

A Poem by SM Davis