Mother of the Bride part four

Mother of the Bride part four

A Chapter by SM Davis

Shopping for shoes is not my idea of a good time.  I think I must have missed that class in school.  However, all things considered, everything went well.  I did indeed get a pair of shoes, and although my head was temporarily bald, I endured for the greater good.  I hoped.

 

My weekend having been completely annihilated by the wonderful news of my daughter's epiphany, I reveled in the idea of relaxing for the next week.  I sat down on the couch, put my feet up and had just reached for my current book when my phone started vibrating and the bells and whistles chirped through the calm. 

 

"Mom, be to the wedding rehearsal at 6:00p.m. for dinner.  The rehearsal starts at 7."

 

I jumped up off of the couch and yelled "BRING ME MY PHONE BOOK, I HAVE TO MAKE AN APPOINTMENT FOR MY THERAPIST!"  Having just settled from the blow of being in my daughter's wedding (instead of AT her wedding) the thought of having to endure a full evening with my ex and his neurotic wife was not my idea of enjoyable .  Not even for the greater good.  My soon-to-be in-laws, where my daughter also resided, were hosting the event, and thoughts of enduring all the "what did you do to your daughter" questions were more than I could bear. 

 

My husband was wearing that "who are you and what have you done with my wife" look again.

 

 



© 2008 SM Davis


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

The humour is shinining out of this now. The humour that says it is all going to be ok now.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

148 Views
1 Review
Added on December 29, 2008
Last Updated on December 29, 2008


Author

SM Davis
SM Davis

One step from the depths of Hell, AZ



About
I write. I sing. I dance. Often. more..

Writing
Ever Ever

A Poem by SM Davis


Panic Panic

A Story by SM Davis