Chapter 1

Chapter 1

A Chapter by C.C. Marx
"

a little more about the main character

"

The only thing harder than sneaking out of your house is sneaking back in. I shiver as a gust of wind strikes me. Rummaging through my purse, I realize I had misplaced my key. Sighing irritably, I bend down on my knees and search under the taboo welcome mat my mother insisted on putting there. No such luck. I stick my hand in a nearby potted plant, searching for the key. Once again, no key. I violently yank my hand from the pot, pulling it from its hook. It crashes on the marble steps with a loud bang. Pottery shards litter the steps. I cringe.

The intimidating French door is flung open before I can even think about cleaning up the mess. In my line of vision, I see pointy black heels tapping on the tile floor impatiently. The sound echoes in the grand foyer. I recognize that irritable shoe-tap anywhere. A throat is cleared. I look up.

I smile at the frowning women with a sheepish grin.

“Um, hi mom.”

           ****************************

 

            “Elisia Marie, why on Earth were you digging through the plants?” asks my mother as she pours herself a glass of wine.

            “I forgot my key.” I mumble planting myself on the couch. I slouch, shoulders hunched. She gives me a disapproving look.

            “Sit up, that’s not good for your back.”

            I don’t move. She lets out an exasperated sigh. She holds her crystal glass in her left hand, careful not to spill anything on the white rug. She gracefully lowers herself onto the adjoining love seat, one leg crossed over the other.

            “You know, you wouldn’t have broken the plant if you hadn’t snuck out in the first place.”

            “You don’t know that, the nail was awfully loose, it was only a matter of time.” I counter. She rolls her eyes and daintily sips her Merlot.

            “That is not the point. You know you are not allowed to leave this house without permission. You disobeyed me.”

            I scowl. “I was at the library, it’s not like I was at some scandalous night club.”

            “Nevertheless, you know it’s not safe for you to go out by yourself.” she reminds me.

            “Why, why can’t I go out by myself? I’m seventeen. I have a license. I have a life and you want me to spend it locked in my room.”

            She gives me a sympathetic look. “Honey, you get so much publicity already, and with the divorce filing…”

            “The divorce filing! That has nothing to do with me! That’s between you, Dad, and Dad’s twenty-something bimbo. Not me.” I reply harshly. The bitter words leave a sour taste in my mouth.

            Her frown deepens. “Maybe so, but you are part of this family and any publicity we get, you get. You are not allowed to leave this house without my permission. That’s final.”

            “Well I guess that ruins my plan of doing shots with Dad’s mistress tonight. I heard she works downtown at Le Rogue. Dad probably met her there on one of his ‘business trips’.” I sneer.

            “That’s enough young lady, go to your room.” she shouts loudly. Her face is masked from emotion, as cold and hard as plastic.

            “Gladly.” I retort stalking from the room.

The whole house is silent. The usual bustle and noise is gone. Everyone is the house could hear the cruel words I threw at my mother. The only sound that could be heard is the stomp of my feet as I ascend the stairs.

 



© 2012 C.C. Marx


Author's Note

C.C. Marx
feedback is appreciated :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I lOve it!!! Keep it up. And just to be random add some drama into it... Like raining kittens... Just kidding. I hate to see kittens die. They're to damn fluffy and cute.

Posted 11 Years Ago


C.C. Marx

11 Years Ago

Thanks its been a really long time since I looked at this but I'm thinking about going back to it an.. read more
More intrigue. Very good. Leaves me wanting more. Are you going to continue this?

Posted 11 Years Ago


C.C. Marx

11 Years Ago

I had a progress that I lost, might look back into it....thanks for reviewing!!

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

147 Views
2 Reviews
Added on November 12, 2012
Last Updated on November 12, 2012


Author

C.C. Marx
C.C. Marx

About
My friends call me C which is short for.....Anyways let's share a little about me, shall we? I write because it gives me a way to say things I've never had the courage to explain or tell others. Ther.. more..

Writing
Our Story Our Story

A Poem by C.C. Marx