Bedtime Story

Bedtime Story

A Story by sohadtolba
"

It is nice how our little kids experiencing their imagination, sharing their world with you. Giving them a chance to express themselves through little stories of their own and have self-confidence.

"
“It is bedtime, Amie.” Mommy said.
“Can you tell me a story?”
“How about you tell me one?” Mommy answered smiling.
Amie was excited. It was her first time.
“Once upon a time lived a very nice girl.” Amie started.
“What is her name?” Mommy asked.
“Hmmmm. Her name is Elisa.”
“A very nice name. Tell me all about her story.”Mommy continued.
Elisa took her favorite doll and went for a walk in the woods.
As she was exploring, she found a cat and an owl on a boat.
“It is a lovely weather.” The cat said.
But the owl was sleepy.
Mommy asked Amie, “ Hmmm, why? Was he tired?”
“It was nearly bedtime.” Amie cheerfully answered her mom. And then went on her story.
Mama cat called for her baby. 
“It is time to come home.”
Baby cat told the owl, “We need to go back to shore. Mom said it is time to go home.” 
“Oh well. I am too sleepy anyway.” The owl sighed.
But the cat wished to stay a bit more.
Unexpectedly, a princess was walking in the woods. She saw Elisa and gave her a flower.
“Welcome in my kingdom.” The princess smiled.
“Hi. I am Elisa. Thank you for the flower.” Elisa was surprised.
“I have never seen you before.” The princess said.
“Me too. Do all the animals talk?” Elisa clapped her hands.
“Yes, of course. They do when no one is around and I take care of them.” The princess answered.
“How do you take care of them?”
“By watching out for them, keeping them safe, feeding them and make them feel happy.” The princess told Elisa.
The princess called all the animals. They gathered around Elisa to welcome her.
Elisa was very excited. 
“Hi. I am Mrs. Rabbit and this is my husband, Mr. Rabbit.” Mrs. Rabbit greeted Elisa. 
Elisa held their baby and played with it.
Baby rabbit kissed Elisa on her cheeks.
Then the princess made a ribbon to Elisa and gave it to her.
Elisa loved the color of the flowers. 
“It is time for you to go home.” The princess reminded Elisa.
“I wish to take an animal with me.” Elisa requested.
“I could give you a cat, but will you promise to take care of it?” The princess asked.
“Yes, Yes! I will take care of it and I will make sure it is happy and I will name it Mosho.” Elisa gladly said.
The princess gave Elisa the cat. The cat loved Elisa and jumped to her. 
Elisa took it and started to walk home. She could not wait to play with it, feed it and let it sleep beside her.
Mosho loved its new home and Elisa was joyful too. Both of them had a good time.
“Welcome to your new home, Mosho.” Elisa said.
“The end mommy.” Amie finished her story.
Mommy kissed Amie, “That was the best story I ever heard.”
“Did you like it mommy?”
“Yes, very much. I think she will take good care of her new pet just like you.” Mommy kissed Amie goodnight.
“Goodnight mommy. Where is Pexi? I want her to sleep beside me.”
Mommy called for Pexi, Amie’s new cat. Pexi slid beside Amie and they both went to sleep.

© 2015 sohadtolba


Author's Note

sohadtolba
What do you think of the dialogue? I would be happy if you read it to your children and tell me what they thought about it. Also would like to know any grammatical mistakes

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

The dialogue is sweet, but it does rather run on, reading more like a transcript than a story. Adding more scene development with more emotional and descriptive details might help.

I also recommend using at least 14pt font size.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

sohadtolba

9 Years Ago

Thank you so much for the comment :). I wrote the story orginally written in a website called storyb.. read more
MomzillaNC

9 Years Ago

yw :)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

349 Views
1 Review
Added on February 10, 2015
Last Updated on February 10, 2015

Author

sohadtolba
sohadtolba

Egypt



About
I am feminist and a social/ political writer. I also love writing children stories that gives encouragement and teaches good morals. I love reading, walking, talking :) and open to all sort of .. more..

Writing
Your dream Your dream

A Story by sohadtolba