Just you and me

Just you and me

A Story by sohadtolba
"

Having no one but themselves. Mom wished to give her only child all the love and care.

"

The morning bells woke her up. Squeaking along the hall, she entered her mother's room.

"Mom, it is time to get ready." She shook her mom, causing the back of the bed to hit the wall. Mr. Sam, the neighbour, hits back as usual.

Mom: Alright, I am awake Mr. Sam. Sorry for the noise.

Annie: Sorry mom, but we're late again.

Mom was still tired from working on her computer all night. She rubbed her eyes and kissed Annie.

Mom: Well, I think you know my password??

Annie jumped and said: Coffee!

Mom needed a few extra minutes as Annie turned on the coffee maker.

Annie: Mom, my bus!

Mom widened her eyes and flew to the kitchen. She looked from the window to shout for the bus to wait, but she didn’t see it. Annie's giggling exposed her trick, the game she played every day. In a minute, Annie ran back to her bedroom, escaping mom's tickling and giggling.

Mom: Here I am! No place to hide.

Annie fell into her mom's arm and rolled on the bed, filling the air with their happiness.

Mom: Come on, get dressed and have breakfast before your bus arrives.

With some hopping, getting her favorite pants on and some singing, brushing her messy hair up, Annie was ready for breakfast. She spun, tiptoed like a ballerina, sat herself on the chair.

Mom: Remember, I love you more than anything, no teasing around, eat your lunch and concentrate in your math lesson.

Annie nodded as crumbs and tiny pieces of lettuce fell on the ground as she tried to speak. Her mom gently placed her finger on Annie's mouth and closed it.

"Beeep" went the bus as it screeched its wheels in front of the house. Annie kissed mom and raced across the yard to the bus and waved goodbye.

Mom shut the door, slowly dragged herself to her room and looked at the mirror. "Another day, just you and me. No husband, no father, just you....just me.... Just us..."

© 2016 sohadtolba


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

141 Views
Added on February 3, 2016
Last Updated on February 3, 2016

Author

sohadtolba
sohadtolba

Egypt



About
I am feminist and a social/ political writer. I also love writing children stories that gives encouragement and teaches good morals. I love reading, walking, talking :) and open to all sort of .. more..

Writing
Your dream Your dream

A Story by sohadtolba