am no more

am no more

A Poem by marie
"

kind of taking a risk on posting this, but i just can't shake the feeling that i need to put this out there...

"

no, i wasn't 

i am no more

no i can't

i know for sure

here i stand

amidst darkness grand

upon truths shore


should i tell her

should i say

the black i fell into

this darkest day

i thought i knew for sure


what i was meant to do 

in forever land

decisions shore with no clue

here i wait for help from you


should i tell her

her baby girl is gone

if i was ever such in her eyes

how could this pain occur

in such a way

a mother never see through the lies


should i tell her of all my cries

should i tell her all the pain i know

should i let her see?

this hurt inside of me

should i say 

that on that judgement day


she killed a part of me

she tore out another piece

now all i say is lies

not one sees through this disguise

should i tell her

that she has killed me

© 2012 marie


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is a very powerful write. I connected with the words right away and I can 100% relate and feel what you have said with this. I love it.

Posted 11 Years Ago


marie

11 Years Ago

thank you so much for the review:)
Marie,

Your writing is so good that I actually feel your pain. Great job. You have a unique gift; keep up the good work.

Suggestion: now that you've written the pain out and have taken a breath, I would recommend that you do a rewrite while reading your poem aloud. Not that it needs a lot of work or corrrection; it just needs a little TLC with grammar and punctuation to be a great piece.

As to your personal situation I believe you have done a good job of getting the hurt expressed; which is a start. You have identified the need and know what needs to be done on your part. Honesty is the best way to start. Keeping the situation from becoming volatile may be the most difficult part.

In my 67 years of experience, there isn't an easy way to solve this type of problem. However, it never gets better by sweeping it under the carpet either. So take the mature route and be submissive. Most of the time I apologize first and then procede to state my case in a calm and unchallenging manner. Sometimes I've lost or so I thought. But usually most comfrontations eventually resolved themselves over time.

Another thing I've tried is to consider what starts the problem. Try to determine what it is that you may have done that irritates your mother. I know you stated some but have you ever played back times before when a similiar situation arose and what may have been said or done to cause it. Perhaps it isn't something you've done; maybe it's just circumstances at work or problems with other people that have caused her to be so radical. Or is she not well? I think you need to play detective and search for clues which you may have overlooked. Perhaps you will uncover a cause which can be easliy be resolved without confrontation.

I'm fortunate to have a mother who is a healthy 86 years old. We get alone well; most of the time. But she still sees me as her little boy and it still pisses me off. But we communicate well now. However that wasn't always the case. It was especially bad when I was a teen. But mom worked and my parents had issues between themselves plus my mother was anemic and that was the underlying cause of most of her problems. She was just always tired out. There were 4 kids and dad didn't always have work so the lack of adequate income was a factor too.

Hey, you get my point. I believe you can work this out and life is worth all the heartaches, pain and misery. The light at the end of the tunnel can be joy, peace and love. And I have experenced all of it.

Thanks for sharing this poem with us. I appreciate you honesty and sincerity and the guts to put it on this site for us to share.

It's a pleasure to know you.

Sincerely,

Cecil

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 11 Years Ago


marie

11 Years Ago

Wow I think that's the longest review I've ever gotten:) I will try your idea on playing detective h.. read more
generation gap--this does happen..so often, they just don't understand and forget once they were young...

jacob

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 11 Years Ago


marie

11 Years Ago

yeah.... i don't know what to do exactly i tried talking to her, but well, now she's screaming about.. read more
Hmmm...that's a tough decision...usually when I'm honest with my mom, she understands, but there's those stupid times she doesn't. I don't know your mom very well, honestly, so I'm scared to add my input. On one hand, it's always good to be honest, but on the other, it can make things worse, so it's a huge gamble.

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 11 Years Ago


Dolfury Nixie Ritter

11 Years Ago

Ah...well...looks like you'll have to give more than your share. When you get home, work on being n.. read more
marie

11 Years Ago

thanks i will.... let the buttering up commence!!!
Dolfury Nixie Ritter

11 Years Ago

XD

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

168 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 10, 2012
Last Updated on December 14, 2012
Previous Versions

Author

marie
marie

Laurel, MS



About
I have been away from this site for a while, hoping to get back into the swing of things. I recently turned 18 and have rediscovered my muse. If you wish to befriend me, please constructively review m.. more..

Writing
Lace Lace

A Poem by marie


a story a story

A Poem by marie


The Cold The Cold

A Story by marie