Forgotton Promise -chapter 1-

Forgotton Promise -chapter 1-

A Story by little bad puppy
"

this is a story idea i have had kicking around my head for a long time. will is a wounded soul who wants revenge for his murdered wife. but will he find revenge or salvation.

"

      A teddy bear sat next to a fire.

      The fire was flickering again and about to die. Will ripped the last pages out of the old story book and tossed them on to the embers. The pages caught almost instantly making the fire blaze . The pages turning yellow then blackening to ash. The warmth did very little to hold off the cold biting night but it was better than nothing. Will sighed as he watched the flames dance and move in the wind. He had left the village two days ago and so far the waste lands had not been kind to him. He resumed his work taking up the needle and thread to patch the hole in his leg. He had caught it on a old rusty nail when he jumped the fence that encircled the village.

     There was no fence in the old days and no waste land too. But when the world started going dark and the boy king had stopped playing the world had slowly died. At first the toys that came trickling in told story's of shadows and darkness creeping across the land. Will had been captain of the guards back then and took his job seriously. He and a band of soldiers had rode to the Twilson's farm to see the darkness for themselves. By the time they arrived the land was bleak and overrun with fetchers.

      They where shadowy fat creature with sharp teeth that would catch unsuspecting toy with their lightning speed and rip them apart. Fetches had started appearing when the darkness spread. For a long time Will had guarded the village but now more and more toys wandered in and there was only so much one bear could do. Bit by bit the boy had stopped playing and bit by bit the world had grown darker.

       Till one day the boy-king did not move he just sat on his thrown lifeless and said nothing. With that the darkness finally closed around the village. In a desperate attempt to protect themselves they had put up a wall out of anything they could all the way around the village.

      The fire was burning low. Will sat under the rock overhang hiding from the rain and poking the fire with a stick trying to keep it going. He wish he had more wood to put on it but wood was scarce here, and this was all he could find in this barren land. He sighed and reached into his bag pulling out a few wooden blocks. He had kept them for just a situation so now better then never. He tossed the blocks into the embers and watched as the letters and numbers began to blacken as the flames grew.

      Will reached down next to him and picked up a pair of scissors and placed them on his lap. They glittered in the flames making the metal look like gold. They where notched and scared from many fights with many enemy’s. He had always had them and would have them until the end when he would be able to cast them aside forever. He reached in his pack and removed a stone and with slow fluid motions ran it along the edge. The hiss like sound the stone made on the blade was muffled by the constant pattering rain. Will enjoyed this it was a calming ritual he used to focus himself.

      While he worked out the notches on the edge , in his minds eye memoirs flashed and replayed. Some made him smile, some made him chuckle, but in the end the stone paused as her face swam out of his memories. Her hand reached out caressing the fur on the side side of his face as the sun shone like fingers through the forest canopy. Her smell filled his nose and her voice creased his ears. His love for her crystallized in his heart in a white perfect light. A smile crossed wills face as the memory touched him. He reached up to touch her hand that touched his ear, but all he found was a patch where his ear once was. His eyes opened and he looked into the fire still seeing her face wreathed in flames crying out to him.

Will sighed and gripped the two handles of the scissors, and with a flick separated them. The two blades seem to glow and flicker with the same hate he felt burning in his heart. He knew that justice would never be served, but the flame still burned in his chest.

      A sound came from somewhere nearby. A cry for help barely heard over the pattering rain and the howling of the wind. Will turned his head back and forth using his one good ear to try and locate the source of the cry.

      The jagged landscape was dotted with jagged colossal obsidian rocks, small claw like stone peaks that raked the gray sky, and small crevices where shadows seem to pool. Sound seem to carry in a strange way that made it hard to tell where it was coming from. Will heard it again some where close a strangled plea for help. Whoever it was it sounded like they where in trouble. He gripped his weapons as his body geared up for the charge into the darkness.

      Then he stopped, that had been his old self. Wanting to charge into the fray and be the hero, but that was his old self. He was no longer that toy. He frowned, why should he even care who it was. They should have known better than to wonder out into this forsaken land alone. Will clicked his scissors back together and replaced them in their sheath, but some thing caused him to stop. From across the fire he heard the voice of his old friend.

      “Will your the most honorable toy I've ever known, always doing the right thing.” came Flasks voice. Will looked into the face of his old friend across the flames. The faded paint on the wooden monkeys face showed his age. But he still wore his constant grin.

      “That was then, not any more. I've moved on” said Will to himself

      “Will, Will, you know as well as I do that you are made of sterner stuffing. You've always done the right thing, and you'll always do whats right. even now.” said Flask

       “No! That’s not me anymore Flask.” said Will looking at Flask. The old monkey's face was lit crimson by the flickering fire light.

       “What would she say.” asked flask

       “DON”T YOU DARE BRING HER UP!.” snarled Will glaring at his opposite who sighed and gave him a weary smile.

       “Will, you can't keep running away.” sighed Flask

       “You don’t understand.” Will growled

       “WHAT, I understand is that there is some one out there who needs help, needs your help. So Captain pick up your weapon and get to the front lines. On the double.” Flask said standing up and pointing in to the wet foreboding darkness.

      As he retrieved his scissors he walked toward the night, but stopped where his old friend sat. He looking out into the night and said “If I ever see you again Flask I will kill you, just so you know old friend.”

      The camp was empty except for Will no one else was there and no one else had been there.

© 2014 little bad puppy


Author's Note

little bad puppy
I encourage everyone to tell me what you think. and before anyone says it yes this is a story about talking toys. and the first person who makes a Toy Story reference I will summon the minions of the Great Old Ones to devour your soul. thank you.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

218 Views
Added on May 10, 2014
Last Updated on May 10, 2014
Tags: soul who wants revenge for his m

Author

little bad puppy
little bad puppy

mobile, AL



About
I'm sorry but that's above your security level more..

Writing