Sara, the fire, and the moon

Sara, the fire, and the moon

A Chapter by Savannah Marie 9

"YOU DID WHAT?" Sara screeched at me. I sunk lower in the chair as she ranted.


"It was an accident! I panicked! They had a flipplin shinny knife! I don't do well with pointy, shinny sharp objects!" I yelled back. Her arms began turning a dark lava color as her power began to seep out as I just angered her more. Heheh, easy there, you don't want to kill your favorite and only sister now do ya?


"You use the bow and arrow! Hell you practically love it! Also a pistol! Oh and don't forget the throwing daggers you have!" She huffed. I had completely forgotten about even though its only been three and a half hours. I didn't tell her about those new twin swords I got. She'll figure it out soon.


I looked up at her and gave her the 'kicked-puppy' look. It always works on her cause she's a softie at heart. Good little softie! All cute and cuddly!


"Fine… Okay? Fine. Just go upstairs and do your thing." She said while she started to do paper work. I got up but she called out. "Oh and hide those cat ears and tails of yours. That is a big give away for mutant. Kay Zero" Zero, that's the name mom gave me for it reminded her of her favorite number. Hence zero. I had purple eyes and white. My eyes turned red when I am mad. I mean MAD! Like stab stab stabbity stab mad.


"Fine Sara, I know you just want to help." I sighed and worked my way up the stairs. I reached the hall and looked at the blank barren walls looming all gloomy like.

We weren't your typical family as you can tell. Our parents died when I was six and Sara had just turned eighteen two months prior. Killed in a f*****g car crash. That's why I walk or teleport. When I get in a car I feel tight, closed in, trapped. Like they were.


I remember it bright as day.


October 16 10:42 pm


"Sara! I'm not sleepy!" I whined as she tried to tuck me under the fairy sheets that mom got me.


"Please Zero! It's really late. I'll give you a big cookie with sprinkles!" She said. Darn her for knowing my ultimate weakness.


"Alright." I looked out my window and saw Mom and Dad in the car coming; I smiled and couldn't wait to give them a big bear hug when they got home.


"Look it Mo-" I was cut off as I saw some drunk in a big a*s truck hit them, It all happened so fast but my mind caught it.


 Hours could have ticked away as I saw they whole thing unfold. They began to spin, then another car accidently hit them, they flipped and slammed against the ground skidding a few feet away, then I heard the engine blow up and the car was engulfed into hot, burning flames.


"MOM!DAD! OH MY GOD THEY ARE IN THE CAR!" I shrieked and jumped out of bed not caring that it was twenty six degrees outside or that I didn't have shoes on. I had one thing in my mind. Them. Sara began to run with me also realizing I was telling the truth. She and I didn't care that we were scantily clothed as we ran down the stairs and out of the house towards the car.


People began coming out of their houses wanting to see what happened. Police cars, fire trucks, ambulances, you name them, all began pouring over. I ran, my heart beat pulsating in my ears. My breath short and quick as our feet slapped against the ground. I began to reach out towards them as a pair of strong arms wrapped around me to stop me.


"Little lady you can't go there, we are trying to get them out. Just hold on." The sheriff said to me.


I shrieked, cried, cursed, wailed as I saw the flames get worse. I realized they were gone. Poof, gone with in a blink of an eye. Never to return back home. This couldn't happen! NO! They were meant to see me grow up, go to high school, help me ogle over my prom dress, not let me date, which collage to go to, dad lead me down the path on my wedding day, see sara get married too. THEY CANT DIE ON ME! I screamed for them, calling their names, hoping that someone would get them out of the raging fire that steadily grew worse with each passing second. I bashed my hands on the ground. Screaming for them. Oh how my heart was in agony! My whole body trembled with rage.


The moon looked down on us, watching the event pass by. Was she mocking me? To laugh at my agony? Or to help sooth my pain?


"F*****G DO SOMETHING! MOM! DAD! PLEASE! I NEED YOU! I LOVE YOU!" She cried. I watched her sink down to the ground, holding her head in between her hands, rocking back and forth. She needed me.


I crawled over and wrapped my arms around her. She clung to my shirt, sobbing into my chest, leaving fresh innocent tears on me. I held her head just holding her. What a odd sight to see, the eighteen year old being comforted and held by a mere six year old. Her fiery red hair glimmered against the light. While my silver hair shone like the north star, a beacon of light to follow.


"Ever thing is gonna be alright sis. Don't cry. Think about school. You have that trigonometry test tomorrow, and a science test. Then you have a volley ball game and you are captain this year. You have to make me that cookie with sprinkles, and take out the garbage for mom. Help me put away the laundry too." I tried taking her mind off it, she came first not me. I ignored the smell of burning leather and flesh, the sirens, men shouting trying to get the fire to stop.

It'll be all right…


A/N Alright so now you know a little about their past. Little Zero doesn't have her awesome mutant powers yet so she looks like a normal little kid. Some what. A little. OK not really. Who has white hair these days. Any way up next the amazing x men pop their little butts in Zero's life. Lets just say she doesn't like dudes with shiny pointy knives. (Chough chough) claws (Cough Cough) Wolverine. "Sorry folks catchin a cold here. IT' YOUR FAULT OPTIMUS!" Wait can giant metal alien robots catch a cold? Find out next time! Over and out!



© 2011 Savannah Marie 9


Author's Note

Savannah Marie 9
sorry for grammar mistakes, i am practicing for when i will actually write a real book. i do not own xmen

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

realy good

haha i like your little commentary at the end

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

134 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on December 9, 2011
Last Updated on December 9, 2011