2

2

A Chapter by AMetaphoricalSoul

I didn't wake up until around noon. I had forgotten to set my alarm for the night before. But it was fine because it doesn't really take me that long to get ready. I took a quick shower, got dressed, inhaled a protein bar and asked my dad for a ride to Molly's place. The last thing took forever. Asking my dad to do anything is like waiting for an old lady to cross the street. It takes longer than it should for the average person and therefore you have to be very very patient. He procrastinated every second until he had to walk out the door into the van.

 

"Just let me catch the last few minutes of this show..."

"I have to go upstairs and change..."

"I have to go to the washroom..."

"Do you have to go to the washroom...?"

"I have to brush my teeth..."

"Can we have lunch first...?"

"Do you think it's cold enough to wear a coat...?"

"You should put on a coat..."

"It's too warm for a coat..."

"We should bring sweaters just in case..."

 

And so on...

 

The ride only lasted about five minutes. My dad and I didn't really talk much on the way over. The radio was on so music occupied my mind. Although, it was my dad's station and I don't really care much for classic rock.

 

When I knocked on the door I heard her dog start barking. After a couple seconds, she opened the door and I walked inside. She lived in a small upstairs two bedroom apartment with a friend living with her.

"Hey," I said.

"Hi," she replied, looking down shyly.

Molly was always kind of shy. Quiet, too. It took a lot to get her to start talking. Or if she was talking then she was hardly ever serious. It seemed now though, that she wanted to be serious, but she didn't know how.

I had no idea what was going on. And I felt stupid just standing there. So I walked into the main room. For some reason she had turned this room into her bedroom and left the extra bedroom empty. I had no idea why. So, I walked in and sat on her bed because there were no chairs. She came in and sat on the floor. Her dog sauntered over to her and started licking her face.

“F**k off, Muttley,” she said, pushing him away. But each time she pushed him away he just came back wagging his tail. I’ve always thought that her dog was kind of retarded. Finally, Molly just got up and dragged Muttley into an empty room, closed the door and came back and sat on the floor.

I don’t really remember what we did that day. It was kind of a blur. I remember at first it was kind of awkward. I think I might have been putting a sad mood on to show what she had done to me. After a couple hours, I began to feel more comfortable with her and less sad. She ended up coming up to sit on the bed with me. The next thing I know, we’re both lying down on the bed and she has her arms around me. There was talking somewhere in between but I don’t remember what was said. It was one of those things where you can’t believe it’s happening and when you look back on it, it’s hard to remember the details. I think she might have felt me up a bit but we didn’t really do anything.

I do remember that the entire time I kept thinking about Melissa and I don’t know why.



© 2009 AMetaphoricalSoul


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

92 Views
Added on January 3, 2009