Chapter 1

Chapter 1

A Chapter by C.K.Simons

       Spiders danced along cobwebs in the street. Rats haste for edible morsals left after the fall of the Glory Days, sliding across the crimpson cobblestones as they go. The once-glorious fountains gargled their last breath before choking on the remains of something unspeakable. The faces of our loved ones are warped beyond recognition. They are beyond help. Nothing here is quite attractive, but it is all we have left. And although our kings were once proud and triumphant, never faltering from their thrones of gold, they now lay in despair withth the mountains that stood tall, not moments before it came.
      It was blacker than you can describe the night, its breath hotter than the sun. It's eyes shine of hatred and it strikes terror into the hearts of God-fearing men.
       We all know. We all remember, and many of us write about it on anything we can with hopes that future generations might be warned.
       But we do not speak of it, the ones of us who still can. Others were lost. Many others. But there is nothing to be done about this. It does no one any good to cry and we have no way to put them out of their misery. We have nothing, save decaying corpses and the memory of our attacker. It decends upon us with wings of fury, but we know not where it comes from, where it feeds, or where it gets its strength. We believe it lives off man, feeding on human nature until they become their own demise.
       Mankind is lost if my brothers and I cannot change things. We did not ask for this, nor would we choose this as our fate if we were to have that power. But we would much rather fulfill the duty ourselves than wish it upon any other. That we have agreed upon. 
       And as I write this, my brothers tell me that the sun is still rising. The morning is silent, as it always was before reality was shattered before our eyes, but nothing is the same. The sound of silence grips us all, yet we dare not break free from its comforting grasp. The voices of others brings back horrid memories of our attack. My brothers asked me not to write for fear that we might be discovered. But I will write more about it someday. Now we must find shelter and sustinence, and pray that hope is still alive. If she is not, then we are a lost cause. 


© 2014 C.K.Simons


Author's Note

C.K.Simons
Helpful advice is appreciated. Thanks!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
747
You have excellent detail in the way you describe your surroundings. However, it’s a bit confusing, and there are a few instances where as the reader, it jolts me out of the story. I think it would help you a lot to go through what you have, as well as add to it, and fill it out some more; get a little bit more explanation of the backstory and what’s actually presently going on.
Definitely keep going with it though, would love to read more about this oddly dark world you depict!


Posted 9 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
747
You have excellent detail in the way you describe your surroundings. However, it’s a bit confusing, and there are a few instances where as the reader, it jolts me out of the story. I think it would help you a lot to go through what you have, as well as add to it, and fill it out some more; get a little bit more explanation of the backstory and what’s actually presently going on.
Definitely keep going with it though, would love to read more about this oddly dark world you depict!


Posted 9 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

116 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on November 30, 2014
Last Updated on December 5, 2014
Tags: fiction, distopia, future


Author

C.K.Simons
C.K.Simons

About
I'm a young writer. I don't have much experience, but I enjoy writing. more..

Writing
chapter 1 chapter 1

A Chapter by C.K.Simons