The Thinker

The Thinker

A Poem by Steph's Script

            In the corner of the street where the blue and white bus passes every 15 minutes, sits a fuzzy faced man who to only I, appears as a human sculpture, carved by the hands of the city- from every unique brick inside the structure of a house, from every cemented square shaped in each sidewalk, from every crooked crack created inside the road pavements, and from every colorful squeak and shout within the metal gates of a public park.

            This living statue, this breathing, Thinking Man- butt one with the cold curb, connected to his environment, his creator. He sits motionless with eyes of stone, a galaxy in his pupils- each star a story. Undistracted is he by the rushing world, with no reliance on busy music or the aid of any speed flashing technology. Next to the stop sign his brain pulses, the thoughts pumped through his mind no longer within our grasp.

            What does he think of? I wonder. Thoughts forever forgotten through time in thought? Yet, without understanding, I find comfort in his position; and without any knowledge on this scruffy individual, I relate- I know.

            In the corner of the street where the blue and white bus passes every 15 minutes, sits a fuzzy faced man- a Thinking Man- sitting on top of the world.

 

© 2011 Steph's Script


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

A very well written piece. I loved the imiages you've created here. Wonderful job!

Posted 13 Years Ago


simply beautiful...your skillful pondering and pensive emotions.

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

263 Views
2 Reviews
Added on March 25, 2011
Last Updated on March 25, 2011

Author

Steph's Script
Steph's Script

NY



About
Hello, My name is Stephen and I have loved writing since I can remember. I have a variety of interest from writing poetry, comics, stories, and even rap lyrics. I, like many of you, is simpl.. more..

Writing