How to Build a Homemade Miniature Golf Course

How to Build a Homemade Miniature Golf Course

A Story by S. R. Morris

How to Build a Homemade Miniature Golf Course

By S. R. Morris


Materials Needed:

A construction permit from a parent, grandparent or guardian.

A number of golf balls and golf clubs, preferably putters. (Most can be obtained at a reasonable cost at thrift stores.)


Hammer, nails, saw, and other tools, as needed. (Remember to ask permission to use someone else’s tools, too.)


Boards, rocks, bricks and/or concrete blocks, and other plastic or metal materials that could be used in constructing a miniature golf course.


Instructions:

You can build a miniature golf course almost anywhere, even if much of your back yard is composed of concrete or asphalt. Most of the fun in playing a miniature golf course is playing around or through the obstacles.


One easy obstacle to build is a ramp. The object is put a barrier between the tee (where that hole starts) and where the hole is located, and then build a ramp by which you can send the ball to reach the hole. A ramp could be as simple as a wide board with one end slightly elevated to allow the ball travel over the obstacle to reach the hole.


Another obstacle that can be built is by placing boards or bricks, blocks or rocks in a zig-zag or u-turn pattern leading from the tee to the hole, like one of the examples below.

≫�'≪


An obstacle involving a tunnel, like the rain gutter in the story of Steve and Dave, can be made without removing a rain gutter from someone’s house. Any length of PVC pipe (2 inch inside diameter or larger) can be used, or any large diameter metal or plastic tubing can be used. You may need help from an adult if the pipe or tubing needs to be cut to the right length.


Use your imagination to make your miniature golf course unique. Place large plastic animals like dinosaurs, or vehicles like trucks near each hole and name them. Make your golf course have a Biblical theme by naming the holes for Bible characters. A good example might be using extra large material for its obstacle and name it “Goliath’s hole.” Be creative and have fun!


Copyright 2010 by S. R. Morris

© 2012 S. R. Morris


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

940 Views
Added on October 6, 2012
Last Updated on October 6, 2012

Author

S. R. Morris
S. R. Morris

Mountain Home, ID



About
I am a semi-retired freelance writer and I divide my time between my kids and grandkids in Idaho, and my wife and daughter in the Philippines. I spent more than a decade as a reporter, editor and publ.. more..

Writing