I Was Abducted By Aliens & All I Got Was This Bar of Soap

I Was Abducted By Aliens & All I Got Was This Bar of Soap

A Story by S. R. Morris

The Unblemished Story About Georgia Peaches & Cream Soap

It’s a little known fact, but Georgia Peaches & Cream Soap has an extraterrestrial origin and, yes, I played an integral part as well. My name is Bubba Brunswicker and I was abducted by aliens in a UFO near Cohutta, Georgia 19 years ago.

I knew I had been abducted because, when I left my job at the factory, I headed home in time to catch my favorite television show. Then, I noticed that the time on my watch was 3 hours later than the time I normally get off work and it was too late to see the latest episode of the Golden Girls.

There was a strange smell in the car, but I honestly don’t remember what happened in between. I guess the best description of that smell was walking in a fragrant peach orchard in the springtime as the peach blossoms are blooming. My hands were very clean, not greasy and grimy as they usually are when I get home from work.

On top of all that, I had a piece of paper clutched in my fingers. I unfolded the crumbled piece of paper and I saw that it was a recipe for soap. Well, the rest is history. I sold the recipe to the soap company and now I work as a fragrance tester. My job is more important than before when I used a grinder to take the burrs off the edges of the metal shower curtain rings. Now, I stay a lot cleaner and I’m told I smell better, too.

I guess you could say I was cheated. I mean, why didn’t I ask the aliens to give me the blueprints for making an Ipad or something. But I’m not complaining. When I wear my new t-shirt, it reads: “I was abducted by a UFO and all I got was this t-shirt and a recipe for a bar of soap.”

Copyright 2012 By S. R. Morris

© 2012 S. R. Morris


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Thanks Relic. Actually, I wrote that little blurb in response to a contest (of sorts) in which a soap company wanted a short, very unique story to put on the container for their newest soap fragrance. They said they wanted something really unusual and off-the-wall, but I must have been too far off-the-wall because I never heard back from them.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Relic

10 Years Ago

haha, oh well, we can't win them all right. You're welcome.
haha, nice one. I found this quite amusing and well written. I suppose an I-pad would have been more lucrative but at least you smell good.

Posted 10 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

145 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 10, 2012
Last Updated on October 10, 2012

Author

S. R. Morris
S. R. Morris

Mountain Home, ID



About
I am a semi-retired freelance writer and I divide my time between my kids and grandkids in Idaho, and my wife and daughter in the Philippines. I spent more than a decade as a reporter, editor and publ.. more..

Writing