Chapter Twenty-Two:  The Pain Washed Right Through Me

Chapter Twenty-Two: The Pain Washed Right Through Me

A Chapter by Joanna Maharis
"

Dominica has an out of body experience.

"
In the middle of the night, I was laying in my bed with my hands tucked under my pillow while they were open and face down. All of a sudden, I felt someone from the spirit world put one of their hands on my back while firmly pressing down on my back, manipulating my energy until I was completely out of my body. I looked around to see who it was. It turned out to be my brother Jake. I was a little frightened at first, and asked him in a shaky voice, "What do you want with me?" And then closed my eyes and started to sink back into my body.

Jake pressed firmly down on my back again with his left hand; thus, manipulated my energy, so I wouldn't go back into my body, and he sternly lectured me and gave me a harsh order by saying, "Oh no you don't. I'm going to keep you out of your body long enough for you to hear what I've got to say, damn it. You are going to listen to what I have to say. I have something important to tell you, and you are going to listen to what I have to say. You are going to apply to the company for a job, so you would have a chance of earning on average in the amount of fifty thousand dollars a year. I want you to have a good future. Don't use grandma as an excuse not to at least give yourself a chance for getting hired, Geekster. You can't get a job if you don't apply." He then relinquished his firm hand from my back, and I sank back into my body.

I sat up on my bed for about a minute, thinking about Jake and about what he said to me while I was out of my body. Then I got up from my bed and walked into Grandma Feldman's bedroom where she was sitting on her bed looking at family photographs. I then glanced down at the clock, on the floor, which said 5:49 a. m. When I was out of my body, I thought I had been in the spirit world for only a minute. But I wasn't. I was out of my body for much longer than that. In truth, I was out of my body for about at least four hours, listening to what Jake had to say to me. The previous night, I had gone to bed at 12:00 a. m.

The last out of body experience I had was about seven years prior to that, when Jake took me out of my body to hug me and whish me Happy Easter. Then he put me back into my body.

The following morning, I went into the living room to talk some more with Uncle Davis about the job prospect, but, at the time, he was on the telephone talking to someone about fixing the water pump on this property he rented out. Unfortunately, the lady that Uncle Davis talked to told him they no longer fixed old pumps, but she did say her company could install a new pump for four thousand dollars or for possibly less. She told Uncle Davis her computer wasn't hooked up yet. But she said Uncle Davis could call back at a later time and day, to make arrangements for her to send someone out to his property to take a look at the pump and let him know what size pump he'd need and give him and estimate.

I sat in the living room watching television, and then my mind drifted back to my out of body experience and the lecture I received from Jake. Unexpectedly, an erruption of sadness consumed me, and the rain poured from my soul and showered my eyes and my face. Rubbing my eyes and cleansing my face with my tears, I went into the bathroom, got a tissue, and started dabbing my moistened eyes. After disposing of the tissue, I rubbed my eyes some more, because the tears kept on coming. While I did this, I looked into the reflection in the mirror and saw a vision of despair I hadn't seen in over two years. This was because seeing my deceased brother during my out of body experience was enough to charge my emotions with familiar feelings. The pain washed right through me, and I was back to my peaceful self.

Aunt Doris entered Uncle Davis's house through the kitchen door, carrying the package I was expecting to arrive as early as the following day. However, I was pleasantly pleased that the doll I ordered for Grandma Feldman arrived sooner than what I anticipated, and in one piece. I bought the doll for her birthday which she was to celebrate over the summer. I bought her birthday gift several months early, because this doll I ordered was a limited edition, and I didn't know if the company I ordered it from would still have had it available around the time of my grandmother's birthday. I knew she would absolutely love it. The doll was of Olivia Newton-John as Sandy from the movie Grease, dressed in the red cheerleading uniform which she wore during the pep rally scene, from the movie. Olivia Newton-John was one of my grandmother's most favorite singers. I couldn't wait until her birthday to come around, so I could see the look on her face when she opened the box and saw the doll. I was more than certain she would be the happiest person in the world. I anticipated her face glowing bright with cheer. She'd been wanting an Olivia Newton-John doll for the longest time. I was glad the doll was made available to the public.

On another note, it was announced in the news that afternoon that there was a Hurrican Katrina set back. The Supreme Court wanted to step in to get insurance premiums to pay for flood damage. Low income home owners could get help from the Home Repair Services in Kent County for repairing damage done to their homes during the flood through contacting the Emergency Counseling Program.

I anticipated on going to the store to purchase a gift bag and bow for Aunt Doris's gifts of which I bought her birthday, which was in upcoming three days, but she was leery about going out that day, because of the cold weather. She also didn't want to take a chance on any of us getting sick. She headed into the kitchen to get some desert for Grandma Feldman. From there, she put her coat and boots on to go outside and put her car into the garage for the rest of the day.

The following morning, Uncle Davis received some good news regarding the water pump. I had just walked into the dining room, when he hugged me and kissed me, while saying, "Dominica, you were right when you said things will work themselves out. Instead of me having to pay five thousand dollars to get the water pump replaced, I only have to pay six hundred and fifty dollars to replace some parts. In particular, the screen."

"That's great, Uncle Davis." I responded while walking into the livingroom.


© 2008 Joanna Maharis


Author's Note

Joanna Maharis
What do you think of the dialougue?

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

202 Views
Added on December 18, 2008
Last Updated on December 18, 2008


Author

Joanna Maharis
Joanna Maharis

Kalamazoo, MI



About
Graduate of Western Michigan University with a BA degree in Writing, which has been my passion since the tender age of six. Grew up in Kalamazoo, Michigan where I currently reside. I love to read al.. more..

Writing



Beautiful author websites
Stop wasting time and money on Wix & Wordpress. Authors are creating beautiful websites with Myauthor.space FREE!
Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5