Him - Chapter 1

Him - Chapter 1

A Chapter by Hayley S
"

This is the first chapter of my new book "Him". I really do hope you enjoy it. It's pretty a pretty short one so don't tell me off. :)

"

Him

Chapter 1

 

I crouched down menacingly, hoping my pursuers would have to leave out of their own will.

 

He stared at me from behind, his iron hot gaze boring into my back. I switched positions. They were facing me from both sides… b******s.

 

“Listen to me…” I growled looking each one of them straight in the eye not missing their momental look of terror, “I know your secret. I know you regret that.”

 

“We do,” he replied shooting me a dark look.

 

My instincts suddenly took over and I lunged toward him.

 

 

“Anna… wake up.”

 

A soft voice murmering my name suddenly awoke me from my dream.

 

“Where are they?!” I yelled suddenly without warning. The person leaning over me jumped nearly a foot in the air.

 

“No, no. They’re gone. Shush now, shush…”

 

“They’re not gone!” I screamed, “Tell me where they are!”

 

I was shocked at my own ferocity, screaming continuous threats at the person trying to calm me down.

 

“I promise you, Annabella. They are gone, alright? Is that enough to content you for a bit?” the voice had changed into a sigh.

 

“Mum…? Is that you?”

 

“Well, who did you think it was, now?” she pulled me into her arms and held me there until I had properly settled down.

 

“They left after their attack… they took everything we own…”

 

“What?” I gasped in horror.

 

There really turned out to be no point at all at calming me down because just at that moment I was in hysterics again.

“Have they got the amulet?” I said trying hard to keep my voice steady.

 

“Yes,” she sighed putting her face in her hands.

 

A nurse in a red robe came sauntering up to us with a thermometer in her hand.

 

“It’s time for her check-up.”

 

“Alright,” Mum nodded and allowed the nurse to step up to the bed.

 

“What do you mean?” I asked, confusion colouring my tone.

 

“Haven’t you noticed your in a hospital?” said Mum laughing slightly.

 

The nurse didn’t seem very happy as she carelessly stuck the thermometer in my ear.

 

Her strawberry blonde curls made her pale face and pale blue eyes seem even more beautiful.

 

She was wearing a red robe which I had noticed before. That was what nurses usually wore around here. In Sterlania nothing was exactly normal... and that was what I knew for sure.

 

 

 

 

 



© 2009 Hayley S


Author's Note

Hayley S
You can just tell me what you think of this one and if you wish you can also rate it.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

a bit confusing actually. but it's really good you try your best! add a bit more to it. it sounds like it would be interesting. continue writing! it's good! :-)

Posted 14 Years Ago



Good start. I think there could be a trifle bit more to it, but you have a real knack for keeping the reader interested. I think this is a fantastic beginning.


-Richard.

Posted 14 Years Ago


The beginning was a bit confusing, but so far it sounds pretty good. I might try to lengthen the chapters a bit, but that's all. Curious to see how this goes.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

128 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on November 10, 2009


Author

Hayley S
Hayley S

Melbourne, Australia



About
There's not really anything interesting about me except that I'm an 11 year old who adores writing. I live in Australia and love the country New Zealand. I prefer the cold rather than the hot. I have .. more..

Writing
Him Him

A Book by Hayley S


Him - Chapter 2 Him - Chapter 2

A Chapter by Hayley S