Chapter 3

Chapter 3

A Chapter by Holly
"

Um... Well, there's a name change, and umm... well, ah let me know what you think!

"

 

The front woman receptionist greeted them merrily as the walked in the sliding electric doors. As expected, her lips were bright red and her hair and eyeliner were brown, in a pitiful attempt to seem alnatural.
“Hi, my name is Samantha. How may a help you?” Her phony smile frozen on her face for all of the nine hours she worked. Taking care of demanding rich people six days a week had taken a toll on her personality, no doubt; her smile clearly stated I hate you. Go away you pompous a******s. You’re the reason I have therapy once a week, and I’d shoot you all happily through the skull if I had the choice.
“Hello Samantha!” she Aurora briskly. “I believe we have a reservation for the honey moon suite for the next five days.”
Are y’all married?” she said in a careful, but suspicious voice with a strong Texas accent. It seemed she had noticed them standing two feet apart and judged this as bizarre for newly weds.
“Of course,” Corey said before Aurora had the chance to open her mouth. His merry-prankster personality got the best of him; he sidestepped closer to her and put an arm around her waist. “It’s been two weeks hasn’t honey?” he said, not doing too bad of a job at looking happy and stifling a laugh.
“Yep. And I wouldn’t want it anyway else for the world.” However well Corey was doing, Aurora was beating him exponentially.
Their little charade seemed to have done the trick. Aurora handed her fake I.D to the woman when she asked for it, and after filling out an identification form, she handed her the plastic room key with a very detailed heart on it.
“Thank you very much,” said Aurora with a friendly smile. Corey was glad for the most part that the information he’d worked so hard to memorize wasn’t necessary, but was also slightly chest fallen at the uselessness of it. Of course, there might be a very “friendly” guest here, so forgetting everything was out of the question.
They took an elevator, getting help from an African-American attendant. After they asked what floor the honey moon suite was and pushed the number sixteen, Aurora began looking around, observing every aspect of the elevator. While she wasn’t looking, the man nudged Corey and winked. Corey couldn’t help it; he stifled a snicker. Her head whirled to face him. She luckily saw the attendant, and as a reminder, asked sweetly, “What’s funny, honey?”
He shrugged his shoulders in what he hoped was non-chalance. “Nothing really.” And after a moment added, “Just glad to finally have you to myself.”
“Aww,” she said. Her acting skills were fading. Her smile was now thin, and anger was seeping through. Her eyes flashed with fire as they stepped out of the elevator onto the highest floor of the hotel. She opened the door, and they stepped in.
They stood together side by side for just a moment, looking with awe at the sight before the eyes. “Holy s**t!” thought Corey. “Why would anyone want so many hearts in one room?”
Aurora broke the trance first. “Come on. We’ve much to do, and little time to do it.” Corey found out quickly that when she said that, it usually meant he would be tied up or secured in some way, while she attended to whatever thing she needed to do. He was therefore, rather unhappy but unsurprised when she pulled out a chain from the one of he small bags she carried.
At first glance, it looked like a chain, but with further examination, you could distinguish it as handcuffs. 
“Kinky,” Corey muttered bitterly as he was handcuffed to the bedpost.  
Aurora ignored him other than one look of revulsion, and sat in deep thought for a while. For what seemed like hours, Corey waited, until at last, impatience got the better of him. “Oh my GAWD!” yelled Corey angrily. “Will you at least tell me what you’re thinking about?!” He gave a loud exasperated noise, which could only be slightly compared to a rhinoceros snorting his anger/discomfort.
Corey was enraged to see she didn’t even change expressions. He made the strange noise again, refusing to believe he was being ignored so easily.
The true genius of it was this: Aurora was treating him like a child having a tantrum. He screams, she ignores. And we all know the end result; he stops whining. It was smart and had worked since the beginning of parenting techniques, but it took a long time for Corey to realize. Momentarily forgetting that she was armed, dangerous, and could likely rip his tongue from his head in one swift movement, Corey screamed.
No matter how much he repented the action, he could not take it back. Surprisingly, Aurora did not leap for his throat, but simply lifted her hand very slowly. The room held its breathe, waiting for Corey to die. She had hoisted her arm to shoulder value and then, carefully lifted her middle finger without evening looking at him. A moment longer the silence held, now in amazement. Then, as the room inhaled, laughter erupted from Aurora’s mouth. A tinkling of church bells, high and strong, filled the room until she was breathless. Corey was too dumbfounded to find this funny, and her mocking laugh had killed the joke. Not to mention, it is ever a challenge to laugh at a joke that was made on your own expense.
With an uncharacteristically bitter frown on his face, Corey said, “Hardy Har har.” He was angry, but Aurora looked happy, and young. She stretched, walked over to him, and flicked him on the nose. Corey jerked his head away, but seemed to realize that, at least for the moment, he wasn’t in danger.
“Are you hungry,” she asked with a grin that brightened her face amazingly. She looked as though she was some teenage hippie protestor, carefree, but not ashamed. She seemed more likely to pull out an acoustic then to take a hostage.
She realized Corey was examining her, and her face changed so quickly it was almost comic. She was hugging her arm around her stomach and scratching the arm that lay straight down her side, the ephinany of a self-conscious kid on the first day of high school. 
Trying not to laugh, Corey told her that yes he was hungry. She said that she was going to call room service to bring up a late lunch. After a brief phone call, they ate a on the brink of fancy lunch of roast beef.
Between bites, Corey said, “So do you like...” Bite. “Have a plan or something.” His heart was racing strangely, but his face masked the alarm well-enough, for someone who was eating especially.
“Patience,” she said shortly. After looking at the frustration on Corey’s face, she said, “Tonight we talk. For now, do me a favor and shut up.”
He wished the laughing Aurora would come back; she was easier to get along with. The worst part, he thought, was that the things she said most of the time were hysterical, but in her current state, she didn’t see it. He had a strange cross of a grimace and a confused thoughtful look on his face.
Aurora looked up and opened her mouth as if to say something, only to close it and shake her head, in a gesture that meant quite plainly, it’s hopeless.
For the next few hours, boredom was a great summary of life. Corey sat, chained up to the bedpost, left with nothing to do but twiddle his thumbs and sigh. He tried sleeping at one point, but it was all in vain; the position he was at was impossible for even him to fall asleep through. The hours ticked by slowly and painfully. “It must be seven by now,” Corey thought. It was getting dark but he had never been in Texas for more than a day, and the sun set different. “I hope she is done shortly. I need to know what I’m up against.”  He was beginning to grasp the reality that he was a captive. And he must not freak out or screw up if he wanted to live.
As if hearing his thoughts, Aurora walked in and sat sown in a swift, graceful movement. She turned her head in such a way it reminded Corey of a gazelle in the savanna. She looked at him for a moment and said, “I will not lie to you, and you will not lie to me. Simple enough?” She waited patiently for his response.
“Yes…” he said, confused. He had forgotten about their awaited heart to heart. He remembered suddenly, and nodded his head more vigorously.
“Just as well. Let the palaver begin.”


© 2009 Holly


Author's Note

Holly
Tell me what you think, I guess. Hope you enjoy it.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I really must be rubbing off on you...lol "kinky" heh, well.................I loved the part "The room held its breath" that was genius...... I look forward to the next chapter.
Oh, hahahah Tori...............*Gives you the finger* SCrew you!

Posted 14 Years Ago


TAKE THAT BLAKE!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!! but back to Holly....AWEOSME!! I love it!!! And I thought I was going to die of laughter when Corey said ,"Kinky." Freakin hilarious And Samantha.....Oh! Pure gold! I love the big words and detail! Go Hooly! But yes...hurry up with the thrid chapter.

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

188 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 6, 2009


Author

Holly
Holly

Hell



About
Let's keep this short, sweet, and to the point. I am fifteen years old and I adore reading, writing, and science. I love to talk about books (espically horror or mystery) and am always up for a discu.. more..

Writing
Don Greenlee Don Greenlee

A Poem by Holly


Purple Purple

A Poem by Holly



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Death March Death March

A Poem by Holly


Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Holly


Vampire Vampire

A Poem by Holly


Thoughts Thoughts

A Poem by Holly