Impathy

Impathy

A Story by Tony
"

....hmm.....

"
A November moon shone through the third story window.
The gnarled boy who lay on the bed was being mocked by the big plain clock next to the blaring television.
The pitiful face was a mask of pain from the disease that had slowly torn him apart for the duration of his 8 years.

...."there are other medications we can try, Mrs. Knowles, but they are experimental, you know".....
Confusion lined the face of the mother, her thin hair held together by a blue bandana.
She knelt by the boy, looking into his difficult to look into eyes.
...."I just wish there was more I could do....".....she wept, teardrops on sanitized sheets.

"Stop saving me." screamed the boy inside.

© 2010 Tony


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I thought it was EMPATHY?
sooo confuszzeld

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Wow, very deep here, other-worlder, and very emotional too. I can see the boy's pain and suffering just from that one line "Stop saving me" a powerful piece of work here, hit me quite hard; very well done~

Posted 13 Years Ago


Wow...strong write here....thought provoking...
Peace
Robin

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is some strong stuff, Tony. From my own experience, I know the boy feels. Life is precious, but sometimes it all becomes too much to tolerate.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

152 Views
4 Reviews
Added on December 6, 2010
Last Updated on December 6, 2010

Author

Tony
Tony

Mexico...... Tan Lejos



About
I am a guy, 49. I am spirit residing in a carbon based life form. The god I know can be found in motion and rest. I live in Mexico because it's very free, and community still means something. .. more..

Writing
Born Again Born Again

A Story by Tony