The Sam I Am

The Sam I Am

A Story by Tony
"

Someone told me I should add this as writing.

"
~ I am a spirit inhabiting a carbon based life form.
I have been in this vehicle for 47 revolutions.
This is the best incarnation I can remember. The only one, matter of fact.

  As long as I am in this place, where time exists, I am on a journey. I will only be here a minute.
 I have always loved to look at the stars of an evening, and reflect on my day. Even when I was a child the cosmos evoked a feeling of insignificant significance, a calming as the world slept. For hundreds of moons, I have performed the ritual and these are still sacred minutes.

 I am quite appreciative that as I stand on this sphere, hurtling through the infinite black, I am aware of what I am and where I am at. Just this awareness and nothing more, seems awesome to me. I know how far a light year is and how short my life is. Just to be in this biological body, and move about the planet with liberty, humbles me and I can find nothing to complain about.


From my childhood, I sought Truth. Later, when I found things, I was disturbed. From the contemplation of this disturbance, I found Awe.

 "Where is the evidence of this God of yours, who cares not for steeple nor denomination?" Asked the elders, with their tomes and their shallow interpretations.

"In Motion and Rest." I replied.

© 2011 Tony


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Just to be alive is a wondrous thing. I, too, looked for truth as a child and have realized after many years of searching that there is no one truth, that the world is all about our perception. These days I look around in observation and wonder, it doesn't matter to me now if there is a god or not, I live my life the same either way. These are great words to make one think.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Very deep and moving poetry. Truth is sometimes so hard to find, glad you found it.
Very nice writing, Tony.

Chloe

Posted 13 Years Ago


Ha ha ha... God your precious Tony, what can be said about this other than. Farout man! AWESOME.

Posted 13 Years Ago


this is a definite powerful thought. it shows incredible growth and insight into one's self.. amazing. this is the sort of thing we should all be taught to say to ourselves.. i know i will think of this in my dark times...

Posted 13 Years Ago


..In Motion and Rest... great ending, loved it

Posted 13 Years Ago


Quite the insightful peice. I do believe it constitutes writing and good writing at that. The whole thing had an unfettered feel, not weighed down by the world at large. And the last couple of lines spoke volumes, loved it.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Just to be alive is a wondrous thing. I, too, looked for truth as a child and have realized after many years of searching that there is no one truth, that the world is all about our perception. These days I look around in observation and wonder, it doesn't matter to me now if there is a god or not, I live my life the same either way. These are great words to make one think.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Fantastic! Wonderful piece of writing, I particularly liked "I was a child the cosmos evoked..." very deep, meaningful and powerful! Brilliant writing here, other-worlder, I love it~

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

all i know is i am me, you are you and the others are them..
who, what and why? that is for someone else..
i have my truth and that is enough for me..

you always did think deep as a well tbo...

its' damelo.. remember moi?

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Oh yea....I like this write :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I believe I am where I am today because I thought I would be where I am today...but since I have no idea how to phanthom that thought I have...I fear what I think...ironic isn't it?

Peace
Robin

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

236 Views
11 Reviews
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on December 9, 2010
Last Updated on January 21, 2011

Author

Tony
Tony

Mexico...... Tan Lejos



About
I am a guy, 49. I am spirit residing in a carbon based life form. The god I know can be found in motion and rest. I live in Mexico because it's very free, and community still means something. .. more..

Writing
Born Again Born Again

A Story by Tony