Monica

Monica

A Story by Tony
"

A beautiful Apache girl I have had the pleasure of knowing.

"
Monica's parents were given to drink, and breaking their marital vows. As the child passed the years wherein she was most strongly influenced, her innocence was eviscerated by the constant cheating, fighting and ultimately, child abuse.
At 10 years, she was reduced to an orphanage of sorts in the State Capitol. It was a school/farm that was structured to gain the most money from the existence of the
pathetic and often gravely ill kids who passed through the big gate, and by the field full of beautiful horses on to what separates the strong from the weak.

Fifteen or so years later, I met Monica while sitting beneath a giant canopy of a tree, and making beer disappear with my compinches.
She came in with someone, and I noticed her for her almost movie star flair and movements. She did everything but say, 'Reaally dahhlling....'. She didn't care that I could not understand the stream of beautiful sounds that sang from her eyes and her mouth, she obviously liked to do the talking.
I was entranced. As she talked she moved her hands this way and that, gazing at the bright red nails as she stretched them out over her legs, which were crossed like a senators wife. Her toenails were painted the same color and her beat up sandals made her rather big feet look very cute.
I smiled and she continued her story, and helped me keep the beer from warming.

She looked quite a bit bigger than she was, due to the baggy dress of beautiful bright colors.
"Mira." she said, presenting me with her necklace, which slid gracefully from her neck and appeared in her open palm. It was black pearls spaced on little chunks of turquoise.
They were of various sizes, and fine quality. The centerpiece was a polished piece of black coral, carved in the shape of an erection.
"Un verga," she sang in Castillano, "Esta mio."
I didn't know enough spanish at the time to know she was telling me it was a dick, and it was hers, but I did know what it was and commented appropriately.


As the Sun slipped away into the Mar de Cortez, six months later, Monica and I sat behind my 'casa carton' and talked about ghosts. She had had a dream of swimming with her niece, who had been dead for five years. She crushed fragrant Sinaloan mota onto a faded spanish primer, the tendons flexing in her strong hands. I sat on an upturned bucket and watched the blue sky turn to fire, then to deep purple while peeling the foil off the back of the liner from a pack of cigarettes. The paper that is yielded is the pescador's version of a zigzag.  The process is more difficult than one might think, and the secret is to use five to seven minutes.

I handed her the paper after balling it up once. In a couple of motions she loaded it with more duff than seemed likely, and rolled it across her palm, which she had seductively passed across her tongue, also in the same series of motion. Her hands made things seem unstable sometimes, now you see it now you don't...

The 'gallo' (rooster) was as fat as a swisher sweet, and just the right texture. Damn, I love girls who can do!

''Dar me incendador, Teeyay,'' she said and we strolled down the beach, hand in hand.
Blue smoke hung on a rare windless evening, the hush of the pelicans wings audible as he passed. Way up around the curve of the beach, the lights of the dock made mile long splinters of white on the black mirror of saltwater.

© 2011 Tony


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I chose Monica as I like the name.. and this story of her.
She sounds beautiful. I am sorry but I don't understand one thing...
""Un verga," she sang in Castillano, "Esta mio."
I didn't know enough spanish at the time to know she was telling me it was a dick, and it was hers, but I did know what it was and commented appropriately."

Hers? Wait.. okay i see now ... her necklace not her dick! lol oh, i was thinking what??
Enjoyed this story.

Chloe

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I have no time and less inclination to review
a "story" today, after rounds of relatives visitits
too much coffee and too little privacy----but,
Tony is a writer who will not be resisted. We will
either read Tony, or all other writing is a waste of
our time, in other words, Tony sets the parameters
of literacy.
This is so typical of Tony, descriptions that swim
before your eyes, characterizations that let you
meet old friends, funny jokers and beautiful women.
When you finish you don`t want to leave because you
are now amongst relatives and old friends.

I wait for the book. Everything Tony writes is just a
tease, a prelude to the greatest story you have ever
read.
Bravo, Tony !

----- Eagle Cruagh


Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I liked how you described being most attracted to her least attractive qualities, like her big feet, and excessive gestures...you write well, a real people watcher, its nice to be more interested in others than ourselves. Thankyou.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

i love your descriptions, they create beautiful imagery :) and the story was a heartwarming tale of meeting new people. great read.

Posted 13 Years Ago


I really loved all the images in this story. You really made it easy to see everything. Great job.

Posted 13 Years Ago


I chose Monica as I like the name.. and this story of her.
She sounds beautiful. I am sorry but I don't understand one thing...
""Un verga," she sang in Castillano, "Esta mio."
I didn't know enough spanish at the time to know she was telling me it was a dick, and it was hers, but I did know what it was and commented appropriately."

Hers? Wait.. okay i see now ... her necklace not her dick! lol oh, i was thinking what??
Enjoyed this story.

Chloe

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

you are an excellent story teller, I enjoyed this very much ..

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This was great, like a short character study from someone else's perspective. We get to see Monica as you see here, unaltered by the possible conflicting opinions of herself and others. You offer a serene experience of her, one that can almost be sensed physically.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

this is the Tbo I know.. as in your writing..You have this unique ability of giving the reader a scenario that is alive with character, dialogue and excitement..

I am really happy to see you writing these honest, slices of your life as your life is a very colorful place to reside...

Great piece!!

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is fantastic! Very well written and structured, I can see a lot of talent that has gone into this - wonderful! The characters are amazing and the overall feel of the text is just... wow. This some GREAT talent you've got here, mortal, very, VERY good job indeed!~

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

"To all the girls I've loved before"...lol. Just as Sam said, these are great stories and each of them with their own specific set of life experiences. Reminds of the lyrics to an Adam Ant song "Every girl is a something girl". Well senor...every one of your stories is amazing.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

427 Views
12 Reviews
Added on December 12, 2010
Last Updated on February 24, 2011

Author

Tony
Tony

Mexico...... Tan Lejos



About
I am a guy, 49. I am spirit residing in a carbon based life form. The god I know can be found in motion and rest. I live in Mexico because it's very free, and community still means something. .. more..

Writing
Born Again Born Again

A Story by Tony