Temporary

Temporary

A Story by Tony
"

I worked hard on this. It ought to just piss somebody right the hell off.

"

 

~Temporary~

2.3.11

 

“People will do anything, no matter how absurd, to keep from facing their souls.” Carl Jung

 

 

     I listened to a radio talk show host raging about the discovery of the remains of a teen, who had gone missing up in California. He spoke of an ‘authority’ who said it was impossible to catch all the freaks out there and it was likely things like Megan’s law do little good.  The host was screaming ‘Lock em’ up ferevvveeerr!, ‘Cut their balls off!!’, and so on and so forth…very dramatic, and wow. Which is a (not ha-ha) funny thing about sexual perversity; those who are either protectors or advocates of children everywhere are disturbingly consistent in getting caught doing things that we act surprised about. Like those guys who are always on Springer and Harpo and crap, the Sex Experts. The graduates with a four-year degree in psychology, and a fairly lucrative cottage business treating teenage drug addicts. Or better yet, sex offenders. I have listened too much of what they say and I want to take a look in their trunk. Matter of fact, I want to take a look in everyone’s trunk…. Call me crazy, but let’s not be deceived here. Nor let us deceive ourselves. The root of, and the responsibility for the disturbing manifestations of the DailyNewsBeat, is Ours. Through our ‘liberal’ view of the world we compromise fundamental morality using the excuses we find most convenient. I suppose some readers may already have their hackles up and are thinking;

“Hey! This jerk is trying to give me the business, and guilt I don’t have.”

You are right and wrong. You don’t have the guilt. We do.

 

I moved the dial over to the left, and there was a lady on PBS talking of her popular book, which was the story of her occupation as a Dominixtras. How her ‘Dungeon’ had an excellent prep area where all manner of costumes including ‘schoolgirl’ outfits and whips and chains were available. Her establishment may or may not be located on one of those ‘strips’, flashing signs promising action, and delivering. I have not been there. But I have online service, and I have seen the deodorized show rooms, with wall to wall porn, a cornucopia of fornicating humans. And there are always lots of people there!  Normal looking people, not seeming at all like they were on the verge of catching fire.

Well, good clean fun for everyone, huh?

 This lady said that if people could act out their fantasies in negotiation like the ones she promoted, that less people would be victimized. In part, because of the stress-relieving properties of said activity.

I could tell what was being said, and wasn’t, and no one seemed to be alarmed so I held my tongue, for a while.

This logic sounds good, it really does. But it isn’t logical. Acting upon things that are ‘acceptable’ or ‘permitted because’, (holding to the subject at hand) in no way proves that they are ‘acceptable’. In fact, from the perspective of an ‘intelligent’ life form, I would best describe the context of ‘adult entertainment’ as a particularly disgusting sickness, which progressively defeats morality.  I cannot make this reason out in my mind, and trust me, I have tried. But, like ol’ Red said;

“There is a fine line separating our species from tree-climbing crap flingers.”

 

It has occurred to me that the therapeutic benefits of engaging in any kind of behavior that abominates our existence and voids our integrity will be negligible. The perverse fantasy, a product of god-only-knows what, inflamed by social acceptance and easy access to reinforcement, at some point, in a few cases, may lead to horrific acts of violence and domination.

 

I am sure the ‘normal’ people who frequent such places on the street or on the net, are mostly not sex freaks or dangerous perverts. Not yet anyway. I remember my first time in a VideoClub… browsing around, quite embarrassed and equally provoked. I thought, ‘Wow, how sick can some people get?’ while looking for my own diversion.

I have found that my imagination, colorful as it is, cannot grasp the answer to this question, some 25yrs later. And I am finally, duly disgusted. However, I would add that I am in no way involved in anything of a spiritual nature that has a name. I cannot conscientiously consider church an adequate therapy for self-loathing and general alarm at various behavior trends of my species.

 

I guess people just get tired of the ‘routine’ of having a significant other, as most pornography is consumed individually. It seems to be a precious secret, not a new wave form of ‘partying’ or ‘entertaining’ or what have you. Isn’t it peculiar that something so provocative could be so base? Americans spent 2 billion dollars in credit card porndebits in 2008. And I promise you, the popular stuff is not all well choreographed art, with couples doing it only in the missionary position in the park on a Saturday afternoon. Or in a canoe, which I think would be quite fun to watch. I would not want to lend the impression that I am prudish, even though I am. What I mean is, it would be funny to happen upon, while fishing a stream or hiking, an act of passion in a canoe.

Just think about it, it’s hilarious!

This is at complete variance with the media of the triple ex kind.  Most of the topic material I have seen, in my opinion, was burst-into-flames evil in natural terms. The range of sexual perversion was from amusing to horrifying and everything in between. I checked it out pretty carefully, I assure you.

I am sure my grandmother was watching me….

There were things I encountered on the worldwideweb which causes me to become erect any time the image arises in my day to day. Yet I loathe saying anything about it and do so only out of some twisted form of social obligation. Everyone knows how critical I am, it was only logical I would hit on this subject at some point.

I wonder why a rational person like myself would be so emotionally stressed and distressed by the idea of what is a primary directive of my species? Why does it have to go from spooning in the park to having a free-for-all Vegas style party with the neighbors and the pastor’s newly divorced wife? Then, on to the next logical levels of sexual gratification; Control and Violence. 

Let’s face it, even with the rising cost of indulging one’s favorite perversion, 2B is a lot of money. It is obvious saturation has taken place, as slowly the DirtyBookStores were allowed in our neighborhoods. And, Voila! In a couple of decades….click clickety click.

Kinky has went from ‘like with a feather’, to, ‘Oh my god, what are you doing to that chicken?!’ And while that is funny, in a way, every once in a while somebody’s kid comes up missing.

Listen, my fine and civilized brethren; it takes a village to destroy a child. These monsters arise from the ashes of our neglect and compromise.

Out of kindness and concern I am doing the math for us. What you do with the information is, clearly, out of my hands.

If we were wanting too eradicate the undesirable characteristics of our society, which is the line of bullshit I have been hearing forever and a day, we must first understand their origin. Think, reason, and rectify.

I have made a practice, no…. a religion, of carefully observing humans. And I know exactly what kind of parasitic little organisms we are. The kind who rationalize decay by deferring the blame, and by claiming alternative obligation. Don’t be upset, as I am not pointing anyone out in particular. I am speaking in the voice of the Collective.

I have noticed the Sun is so bright these days that one cannot look at it, even for a moment. Plate metal in the yard gets hot, even on those cool breezy afternoons. This is the sort of trend that I am apt to take notice of. It may or may not be important.

Sometimes in the quiet of the wee hours, I can feel a subtle movement, seemingly deep down in the ground. Kind of like a slow version of the loss of traction one feels, when falling down, but while our feet still roll across the gravel. Destabilized. We live in a world of growing extremes and instabilities.

Could be we’re all going to hell.

© 2011 Tony


Author's Note

Tony
Please note that I am taking refreshers in Grammar.
And Reality.
Daily.
And you?
Tell me about it:

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Tony,
Congratulations, you said it and I
applaud your stance.
Your grammar is fine , but you carried
the rant a trifle to far. Three quarters of
the way through your story I tired of the gore
and , in disgust turned it off.
Just say it a little faster, shorter, Tony.
Good writing, good thinking.
----- Eagle Cruagh

Posted 13 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Again your writing has reminding me of Charles Bowden, very well done. The things you mention here are signs that our communities have fallen apart, where are the communities? Not too many people even know the name of their neighbor... These days we focus on the national and the global society, but people are meant to live in small communities. What happened to caring about our local community? This words of yours point to one of many symptoms in a decaying culture.

Posted 13 Years Ago


I imagine it felt good to get this out there. A rant's good once in a while. And I really did try to hang in there to the end and understand, but you have a kind of round-about way of getting to what you want to say, so I couldn't really follow it. At any rate, my advice is to focus on a "clearer" image, a more definite explanation. Kudos. :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Tony,
Congratulations, you said it and I
applaud your stance.
Your grammar is fine , but you carried
the rant a trifle to far. Three quarters of
the way through your story I tired of the gore
and , in disgust turned it off.
Just say it a little faster, shorter, Tony.
Good writing, good thinking.
----- Eagle Cruagh

Posted 13 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

I'm not sure what you said, Tony, but you sure as hell said it with gusto!

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

178 Views
4 Reviews
Added on February 6, 2011
Last Updated on February 6, 2011

Author

Tony
Tony

Mexico...... Tan Lejos



About
I am a guy, 49. I am spirit residing in a carbon based life form. The god I know can be found in motion and rest. I live in Mexico because it's very free, and community still means something. .. more..

Writing
Born Again Born Again

A Story by Tony