The Unaccepted Truth

The Unaccepted Truth

A by Justin D
"

Upon my thinking, I have come to realize these truths. Most people think positive of people and therefore dont realize these things.

"

 

Fact: Give a desperate man a gun, he'll shoot to get what he wants

We live in a world of unaccepted realities. I say this in a very understated way. As we move on with our lives, we are moving to work towards a better future for ourselves on some sort of level. We go to school every day to learn more for a job later in life. We work to have a little bit more money put in our paychecks at the end of the week. We fight to make us stronger so we can protect what we have. Nothing we do on this earth is 'selfless'. This is what most people fail to understand or to accept:

Fact: People, by nature, are evil. They will do anything they need to get what they want in, or out, of conscious thought.

Why do we fight in wars? It isn’t to work towards a 'better future' for us all. As we kill, we save members of our family. But aren’t in turn, we taking members of another family? We do not kill to improve our lives but to save them. We say we fight for liberty and freedom. What of those who don’t want them? What about those who say that they would rather a government that controls their life so they don’t have to worry? Who’s to say our ideals and morals are better than those of others? People do not make decisions based on the TRUE needs of others. They make them on the desires of their own...

Final Fact: People are born with the purist minds. They do not wish for worldly desires or even care if they die because they do not know the reality of it. We teach those realities to them and in our world of impurities. This is the chain of how life works.

This is reality wether you choose to face it or not. Accept it or don’t.

© 2009 Justin D


My Review

Would you like to review this ?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Bold, very bold. While I do not personally agree with your viewpoint, the clear and succinct way in which you write is admirable. I would strongly encourage a listing of sources if you claim "fact" about anything. Just because you believe something is true does not, unfortunately, make it so. For instance, you state: Fact: People by nature are evil. Great world renown philosophers have been arguing this point, both pro and con for at least three thousand years, the Chinese a bit longer. Generally, I think your work is straightforward, easy to read and understandable.

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

That is part of the truth of life. Like the beginning of it you said it is understated. There is a lot in this world that we do not know, but the human world is getting smaller and smaller. The fact is that now it is becoming too late to live on without the necessities of the human world. Well written.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Wow...this matches my ideals except for the last one. I think some people are just born naturally wanting to cause trouble but its a very good poem and i definitly like how brutally truhful you are. Very well done.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is an uncomplicated expression of a common philosophy. Within this article, there are plenty of statements that do a good job of logically rationalizing the collective thesis, which is divided into three contentions. The perspective is thoroughly explained and supported. It's an apt write for this era and a good write in general.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Very honestly written. You are very talented and I like your no nonsense approach to this piece. I do agree with you on some aspects. We do live in a self serving world at times.


Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Very interesting, a very dark but, some how truthful aspect on life. I like the fact that you speak your mind. you got me thinking about war. and I liked it.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Bold, very bold. While I do not personally agree with your viewpoint, the clear and succinct way in which you write is admirable. I would strongly encourage a listing of sources if you claim "fact" about anything. Just because you believe something is true does not, unfortunately, make it so. For instance, you state: Fact: People by nature are evil. Great world renown philosophers have been arguing this point, both pro and con for at least three thousand years, the Chinese a bit longer. Generally, I think your work is straightforward, easy to read and understandable.

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

122 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 22, 2009

Author

Justin D
Justin D

Somewhere in, OH



About
I am 16 years old and I am new to the writing world. I am writing what I feel at the moment and truthfully I just want feedback. Any truth will do. If you think my writings suck, just say it. I consid.. more..

Writing
The Storm The Storm

A Poem by Justin D



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Final Push Final Push

A Poem by Justin D


Hidden Hidden

A Poem by Justin D