Beginning the March

Beginning the March

A Chapter by susan b
"

Diane begins to look for the culprit

"

It had been a week since the burial and Diane was ready for this. Ready to find out who had done this. She had left Frank in charge. Frank was in charge of the General store and was Nathan’s grandfather on his mom’s side. The town was prepared. She had a few proper army men that had served her great-grandfather but it was mainly townspeople that were to join her, Nathan and Steven included in the list of townspeople. Her relationship with Nathan was strange. He liked her, she knew that. And if it hadn’t been for her love of Spence she would have loved him right back. But, on top of the fact that she still loved Spence, she doubted she was ready for a relationship yet. She told Nathan that this morning before they headed on the horses, ready to head out of town. But, now she wasn’t so sure. He was attractive but- it didn’t matter. They had planned a route that lead through Patience’s home town Stevensburg and to a few more towns before reaching Fairford where they would then attack looking for Spence, after gathering recruits from other towns. Now, all they had to do was pass through the towns and gather people to help with the battle. The band of townspeople headed out towards the rising sun, early that morning with Diane in the lead was about 139. The sun shining and Nathan’s feeling for her officially out, Diane now questioning her own feelings, but pushed them in the back of her head- at least for now and headed to their first town, Patience’s hometown, Croydon. The small town of Croydon was a little smaller than Wolford, it had no true ruler so the people of Wolford and Aberton shared.

They headed out with the sunrise was at Croydon by mid-morning. As they entered the town there was the smell of bread baking and a big bustle. Upon seeing the princess people gave her looks of kindness and looks of anger. The people asked many questions as to why she was there and Diane explained that their castle had been attacked. Upon hearing this they all decided that they didn’t care., when asked to take up arms and help Diane they declined simply because “she wasn’t their princess and Spence was not their prince”. The princess pleaded with them for help but they got none. So, she went to the next town looking for hope.

“Hopefully, we shall have more luck in the next town over, Your Majesty.” Steven said upon seeing his princess’ sad face. Diane nodded and decided that they continue to the next town and stop at nightfall. The people of Wolford agreed that that was a good decision, not that they would disagree if they didn’t like the idea but still, they agreed and rested when the night came, some of the men building a fire to keep Diane warm while others killed small animals nearby for food so they could eat it.

It was sunrise when Diane got up and decided that they would eat before putting away “camp” and heading to the next town after Croydon. Ilragthorn.

Ilragthorn was ruled by King Alec and the first order of business, they decided the morning before they left their “camp” was for the princess to meet with the king, to get recruits. The journey to the town of Ilragthorn took the whole morning and most of the afternoon and they headed into the small town , prepared to ask where the castle was. But, people saw them and looked confused and angry, just like they did in Croydon and it did not give the princess and sole survivor of the attack of Wolford hope. But, King Alec’s son was killed in the explosion and Diane was sure he had not heard. Hoping this information would persuade the king to lend some men to her cause she headed up towards a little girl, who was probably around the age of six or seven, and said, "Hello. My name is Princess Diane. I was wondering where the castle was?" The girl looked at her confused, as if she didn't understand. Diane spoke slower, but the girl still looked confused. Finally, a woman- probably her mother because the two shared the same dirty blonde hair and blue eyes- came up and said, "she's deaf, Your Highness. The castle is just up the hill to the east."

"Thank you." And with that Diane got back up on the horse, with the help of Nathan, and headed towards the castle.

They group headed towards the castle and Diane went up to one of the guards asking if she could see the king. Apparently, the news of the explosion in Wolford had traveled to Ilragthorn because they were let in. The king asked what they wanted and Diane explained saying, "My family has perished along with your son- Your Highness. In fact, basically everyone died due to an explosion. My people and I are off to find the culprit and hopefully find Prince Spence."

"Of Aberton?"

"Yes. We believe he may be the only other survivor and we have come asking for some of your men, as all mine are basically dead save these people who have fought years ago."

"What is your intent with my men?"

"To find who did this and put them to justice,"

"You have my permission. You may take 250 of my men."

"Thank you." And Diane left, 500 of the king's men behind her, ready to head to the next town over. Hoping for the same luck.



© 2017 susan b


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

22 Views
Added on March 30, 2017
Last Updated on April 3, 2017
Tags: mystery, romance, drama, princess


Author

susan b
susan b

UT



About
I like reading and writing. I wish to travel and publish a book when I'm older. My favorite color is blue. My favorite animals include horses, penguins and cats. Yes, my profile pic is weird but it's .. more..

Writing
Running Running

A Chapter by susan b


Him Him

A Chapter by susan b


Questions In Town Questions In Town

A Chapter by susan b