Loquacious Katherine

Loquacious Katherine

A Chapter by Annabel Lee

"And you know deep down you can find a better way."
These lyrics haunted Simon like some unknown appendage, aching and mysterious. They were the most prominent point of the Free Energy song to her. As the melody weaved in and out of her mind, she couldn't stop thinking about this. You see, lately she'd been unhappy. She had a perfectly fine life; a boyfriend, parents who loved her, a few close friends, an ability to play the ukulele and write music.... However, she was completely and utterly disenchanted. She hated it all, just loathed it; but had no idea why. So that is why, as she listened to these lyrics for the millionth time; the absolute last time; she jumped off her bed and began to look for her canvas messenger bag.

1.) A spare change of clothing. 

Simon cracked open her closet, and removed her favourite shirt; one which had a substantial bow on the shoulder and was in stripes of black and grey. She took a pair of turquoise skinny jeans to go with it, and a pair of plain yellow socks. She took her favourite pair of shoes, plain pink Converse with Sharpie drawings on the sides. She took about 5 pairs of underwear, and an alternate bra. She stuffed these into her bag. 

2.) Lots of money.

Simon thrust her shoulder against the side of her old bookcase. It wasn't moving easily; she had to put quite a lot of effort into moving the old rickety thing. Finally, when it had moved about half a foot, she removed the dictionary stored underneath it. "Loquacious," she muttered to herself. "Ah," she exclaimed when she found the word. Right next to it was a small wad of 20 dollar bills, overall about $240. She'd been saving up for this moment ever since she was about 9, 5 years ago. "Now, the k's.... here we go," she said again, her fingers dancing over the pages lightly. On the page was a list of people named Katherine, and in between that page and the next were about 10 $50 bills, overall another $500. Altogether, she had accumulated $740. She put this into one of her socks, and replaced it in the bag. 

3.) Soap. 

This would be the easiest thing. Simon went into the bathroom, and grabbed up shampoo and a bar of soap. 

4.) Sketchbook and Sharpie.

She placed these in from her desk as well.

5.) Ukulele, and Social Security Card.

Oddly enough, these were close together.

6.) PIctures.

Simon sat at her desk, and printed off pictures of her parents and boyfriend, just too keep. These she folded carefully and placed in her sketchbook.

    And finally, she was ready, completely. She took one look back at her old room, grabbed her mobile phone up, and started for the door.


© 2011 Annabel Lee


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Omg I'm already hooked:)

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

112 Views
1 Review
Added on February 7, 2011
Last Updated on February 7, 2011


Author

Annabel Lee
Annabel Lee

Indianapolis, IN



About
i write short stories and poems and junk i draw occasionally and like music and webcomics and cartoons i'm 15 and forget what people put in these boxes more..

Writing
Ganger Ganger

A Poem by Annabel Lee