Flighty Simon

Flighty Simon

A Chapter by Annabel Lee

   "Oh, the hazards of love, you'll learn soon enough."
    


   Simon snatched her lipstick from the bathroom, and proceeded to write on the mirror, "I'm taking leave" in all capital letters, a solemn reference to "Can't", a favourite song of hers by Tom Milsom. She had her ukulele on her back, her messenger bag full of supplies over her shoulder, and she was ready to leave. 
  
   She proceeded to the front door, paused to hear her parents snoring, and gingerly twisted open the doorknob. With a small click, she stepped outside into the warm Florida air and closed the door behind her. It felt so good being outside at night; no burning sun, but the warmth all the same. Guided by the moonlight, her tennis shoes flew across the pavement as she walked through the outside corridors of the condo building. Her bag slapped her thigh with dull thumps as she moved quickly, half-walking and half-running on her way down the stairs. When she at last reached the ground level, she turned around for one last look at her home.


© 2011 Annabel Lee


Author's Note

Annabel Lee
Not done yet, I got sleepy xD

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Quick Question: is this a love story?
I wanna keep reading either way:)

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

110 Views
1 Review
Added on February 7, 2011
Last Updated on February 7, 2011


Author

Annabel Lee
Annabel Lee

Indianapolis, IN



About
i write short stories and poems and junk i draw occasionally and like music and webcomics and cartoons i'm 15 and forget what people put in these boxes more..

Writing
Ganger Ganger

A Poem by Annabel Lee