Unstoppable

Unstoppable

A Story by Susan 🦋





No parent ever wants to hear these words, "Life expectancy is unpredictable." Those words gripped my heart with suffocating fear. A blackness that shrouded my soul and consumed every thought. How does a person live in constant fear of the unknown? Life becomes a struggle. Medication, monitors, therapies, screenings, let her leave the house or never leave her side?

None of us know when God will call us home. We all pray we live long and happy lives. Four words that will NO longer bury me... "Life expectancy is unpredictable." I expect my daughter will live long after I am gone. I predict, she will be the change in the lives of many people.

A love for Christ burns a fire in her soul and has forged an empathetic heart that knows no limit to God's mercy and grace. She radiates a peacefulness that is undeniable. There is something quite humbling when you witness your child speaking God's truth. I am witness to a divine purpose.

My daughter's name was etched upon the brightest star before she was born. She will be the change this broken world needs. Fear will no longer be my companion. Fear ... you are a liar.

© 2018 Susan 🦋


Author's Note

Susan 🦋
My youngest child beating the odds. Born with two genetic disorders that affect her entire body, but mainly her heart. 18 and at bible school on her way to become a youth Pastor.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

There are times whenthe loss of a penny or bruised egos lose the battle for empathy and that is when one reads such inspiring and sincere words like yours, Susan There's complete wonder and strength here in the name of your darling girl who's able to win at all costs and survive what light paled her as she came into the day but discoverd her own vast space to explore. Such proud and courageous words, Beautiful.

'She radiates a peacefulness that is undeniable. '

Posted 5 Years Ago


Susan 🦋

5 Years Ago

Sweet Emma! Thank you for such a lovely review! Yes, my little lilly is beatings the odds..She amaze.. read more
emmajoy

5 Years Ago

I wish you even more happiness and blessings from that young lady in the new year.. .. and prayers f.. read more
A very inspiring story! I'm glad to see things are looking up for your daughter.

Posted 5 Years Ago


Susan 🦋

5 Years Ago

Thank you so much! and yes, she's doing good..thanks for taking the time to read. Much appreciated :.. read more
Ryan K. M.

5 Years Ago

That's great to hear!

2
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

516 Views
12 Reviews
Rating
Added on November 20, 2018
Last Updated on November 20, 2018


Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Take Me ~ Take Me ~

A Poem by Susan 🦋


Chasing Cars Chasing Cars

A Poem by MsJewel


Heartache Heartache

A Poem by Gee