Does Love Need a Reason?

Does Love Need a Reason?

A Chapter by selenafrancis

This is something that was inspired by a Youtube video by SuperCarlinBrothers.

When the question came up of "Does love need a reason?", it got me thinking. When it says "reason", it could be the theory (if you will), do you need to be working toward anything when in love? Is it worth it to just be in love with someone, do you need to be working toward getting married and/or having children?
Love might need a reason to persevere sometimes when things get tough, because love seems to be at it's lowest in those times. So maybe love needs a reason to motivate us to keep love alive. Sometimes it could actually be the problem of infertility or something of the nature that some will want to give love a reason because they cant move forward in other ways.

"Does love need a reason?" can also beg the question- if you love him for his humor or love her for her beauty, is that love? Is that enough of reason to love someone? Isn't this just "desire"? Desire is defined as:a strong feeling of wanting to have something or wishing for something to happen. Love defined is: an intense feeling of deep affection. How do we tell the difference? How do you know when you can start giving this feeling you are feeling a "reason?" Once we hit the "unconditional love" part of a relationship, how do we know we have entered that chapter? When does our brain and/or heart say "This is love, not desire. This is different. I want to build a future with this person."



© 2016 selenafrancis


Author's Note

selenafrancis
answer these questions.. whats your opinion?
how do you feel about it?
ALSO, here is the link to the SuperCarlinBrothers video that inspire these thoughts and intrigue: https://youtu.be/VoVec6MfFOs

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I love this and the way you put it in words.
This is a very good!!!

Posted 7 Years Ago


For me love is life, love is soul, love is that beautiful thing which just happens only once in life for true hearts but it brightens them throughout their lives. Love is a gift of god for the beautiful hearts.

Posted 7 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

129 Views
2 Reviews
Added on September 6, 2016
Last Updated on September 6, 2016


Author

selenafrancis
selenafrancis

Reno, NV



About
What is my life? more..

Writing