Love is unexpected!

Love is unexpected!

A Story by Hrisikesh Gogoi


I was sitting in my classroom, like any other usual day and was thinking about what my life will be after finishing my studies? what will I do? will I get my soulmate?,etc. and then suddenly the bell rang. The teacher went out of the class and then suddenly, a girl with, long straight hair with sharp nose, with very little height came to me and asked, whether I have completed my homework? I did't knew her properly as I was new to the class and did't had any friends yet! So, I was silent for 2-3 sec's as I was not expecting anyone to call me and I nodded my head upside down and She said,"hi! I m mareen, I m new to this class, so, I don't know anyone properly. So, can you teach me how to do this homework, which the teacher explained as I was not paying any attention". She smiled, but I couldn't, I was still in my serious and thoughful look and I explaned to her, how to complete the task. She thanked me and went away. Our classes went as usual and Then we got our class interval.

I was just visiting the campus and then I suddenly saw mareen sitting alone in the second bench in front of the garden. I went straight to her and said,"hi! I'm ben, would you mind if I sit next to you." She replied,"yeah! Sure! So, hw was your first day in our school?"she asked me, as I was a transfer student. We started chatting.,and I replied"it was fine....." I smiled for the first time after getting into the school. And kept chatting....

Time passed by, & slowly we became close friends, then bestfriends. We gave each others funny names and suddenly after 2 years, she went for a trip for 15 days. I became very lonely fr those 15 days. We chatted on the phone long hours, but I missed her a lot those days. I sat alone & I could only think of her and nothing else. 15 days passed and she returned to school. But till then I started having feelings for her, I was in loved with her but I was too shy and afraid to say so. We talked a lot on that day, but I was acting very awkward, and I don't know why? But I couldn't erase my smile even for just a sec, when I was talking with her. I couldn't concentrate in class. And finally after 6 months.

I asked her," would you come with me after the school gets over!" She replied in a funny sense-"why u wanna take me to a date? She giggled" I replied-" no, I wanna take you to a park, I have to show you something" as my look was so serious she said, ok! Without cracking any jokes.
And the school got over, we both went to the park. On the way, she was trying to make a conversation with me, but I don't know why, I couldn't gather the courage to even talk with her. Then after 20 mins of walking in silence we were finally in the park.

I told her "let's sit in that bench" and it was evening time, all the birds were returning home and the sun was about to set, the sky was all orange, I told her to look at the sky and said,"do! You remember the first day we met", she replied politely-"yes", I said," I thought u were really very good and friendly girl but I never thought u were so fuuny, interesting and and suddenly we became so good friends in such a short period of time and now, even though we are best friends but you don't know that after the day you went for vacation for 15 days, I was all alone..." I paused for a bit and looked at the sky and she was also looking at the sky with serious look for the first time, maybe she already knew, what I was about to say and my heart was beating very fast, then I continued" I missed you a lot, so much that you cannot imagine, I couldn't concentrate in my studies and I realised that I was in love with you! I just want to ask you that do you love me too?"

After that my mind became totally blank, it felt like time was passing very slow, even 1 sec. Felt like it was 1 min. Then she looked at me, she didn't said a word, she just hugged me and went home.
I went home too, I was really afraid that I will loose my best friend. Then I jst went to my room and switched off the light and as it was already night time, so it was all dark. I laid down in my bed and grabbed my pillow real hard. My heart was beating real fast, I couldn't think of nothing else but her. Then at 12am a message came from her. I was really afaid to open it. So, I closed my eyes and touched the screen of my phone, a lots of thoughts started running on my mind but I gathered my courage and opened my eye, and there was all bright light from the screen of my phone. so, I couldn't read the text distanctly, then after 2sec. Everything was visible to me I could see the texts which was written-," we can be friends!" And I jst said to myself, what have I done?
- hrisikesh.

© 2016 Hrisikesh Gogoi


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

171 Views
Added on January 7, 2016
Last Updated on January 8, 2016