Reminisce

Reminisce

A Chapter by Norma M Sutton
"

An entry from last springs journal

"










Spring is upon us even though it feels more like summer. After work I make my evening check on the animals. The warm air is heavy with heat and humidity. Even the breeze brings no relief as it too is hot.


The warm air carries the sweet scent of flowers. I attempt to identify where the sweet smell is coming from. Daffodils are in bloom. The fruit trees are all in bloom, apples, pears and peaches. The narcissus are blooming too. Undoubtedly there are others that I can't see from my vantage. Too many to identify the individual floral scents, but the combination of smells is the headiest of perfumes.


On my way home I saw wisteria in bloom. It has been a long time since I remember seeing so much of it. I love that stuff. New calves run to their mothers, lambs are racing and bouncing. They really do bounce like the cartoons use to show them, stilt like on all four legs. Bumble bees fly two by two and birds are building their nests. Frogs call to one another, the soft, muted “plunk” when they hit the water sounds inviting.


Spring is here. The air and warm temperature feel more like summer, but the scents and sounds are definitely spring.




© 2013 Norma M Sutton


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

A wonderful time of hope and rebirth. A bit worrisome, though, with it being abnormally warm. Hopefully, all will endure.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Norma M Sutton

11 Years Ago

Thanks Sam. This was actually something I ran across from last spring as are the pictures. My kids.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

130 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on January 21, 2013
Last Updated on January 21, 2013


Author

Norma M Sutton
Norma M Sutton

Bostic, NC



About
Norma Moore Sutton has written and published two children's books: The First Lamb and Harry Goes To The Fair She has written and published the first book in the Haunting Memories Series: Matthe.. more..

Writing