Alone at two.

Alone at two.

A Poem by Tabitha t
"

wrote when I was 15 or 16

"

You know that feeling you get when you are laying in your bed awake at two in the morning? The entire house is quiet, and everyone else is asleep around you and you feel completely alone? ( not the good kind of alone, not the " your alone in your house and you can do whatever you want without getting caught, alone.") Im talking about the icy and terrifyingly quiet alone where the only thing you can hear is your own heartbeat and quickened breathing. Well if you havent then bless your soul because he loves you!

But I on the other hand have felt this torment grip my body and each time my pulse quickens, my face goes red, my body stiffens with fright. I begine to imagine that I am the only soul that resides on this  vast dimension/ That my only friend is  the moon who stares at me from through my widow. Luna with her wicked grin seems to taunt me, each time I think that in the middle of the night I had passed and now reside in limbo, my lonelyness a punishment for my downfalls. Each time my limbs yern to throw off my sheets and to cry out, But I always manage to take control of my body. I will myself to stay calm and wait until dawn. until my house will once again waken, to lie there until I hear another being begin to stir and rise from the grave that is their bed... until I dont feel so alone anymore.

© 2012 Tabitha t


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

the idea is very interesting to read about
=]
you narrated it well

Posted 11 Years Ago


I enjoyed reading this, and I thought the wording was done really well. I am 15, so I read this as one of my peers had written it, and I must say, you are exceptional! It's amazing :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


Tabitha t

11 Years Ago

thank you!
I too know this feeling. Only for me, it is not a fearful one, but one of indifference and acceptance and if you let it hold you long enough it will become blissful. Realizing that you are even less than a singular being in the whole scheme of things is a beautiful realization. Why be fearful? Our emotions are only a deterrence to the truth.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Hmmn i like this it seems more like a story in the begining but becomes more poetic this is good but a little presentation is nessesary

Posted 11 Years Ago


its a nice write

Posted 11 Years Ago


I love this write, Tabitha, Because it's definitely one everyone can relate to. Exquisite.

Posted 11 Years Ago


I like the poem. It is a poem that everyone in this world can relate to in one way or another, depends on the Mind, Body and Soul. Most people will try to hide there emmotions, but in reality when there is just you and only you at the that given time that is what I call releaving your soul of stress bringing you closer to who you realy are. Nice work!

Posted 11 Years Ago


I enjoyed the over all emotion in the words, thought and the fact nothing was trying to push one emotion via another.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Good expression in words. Keep writing.

Posted 11 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

456 Views
23 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on May 6, 2012
Last Updated on May 6, 2012

Author

Tabitha t
Tabitha t

Pigeon Forge, TN



About
I am 21. I am in a commited lesbian relationship. I am a novelist. still struggling. (obviously) The novel I am working on completing right now is totally consuming my tie and I love every minute .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..