December 3rd, 2015

December 3rd, 2015

A Story by tabytha
"

short journal entry about transferring written works to electronic form. kept this as raw as possible, only altering a few punctuation mistakes (are they mistakes if they were done out of laziness?).

"
December 3rd, 2015
Transferring handwritten work to an electronic form is like rewriting your own thoughts. You read through. You pick out flaws and replace them with more accurate words. You change sentence structure and, in turn, completely alter your thought. You reread and begin to think about how uninteresting, simplistic, and inaccurate your diction is. You intensely critique your writing without coming to the realization that you are criticizing your own thoughts. The raw, unedited, not-yet-proofread thoughts are the realist, most precise feelings there are. Don't alter them. They are what the world needs. They are what most people need to spend more time appreciating. 
T.W.

© 2015 tabytha


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

72 Views
Added on December 4, 2015
Last Updated on December 4, 2015
Tags: journal, entry, personal, thoughts

Author

tabytha
tabytha

Bahamas



About
i'm horrible at writing intriguing bios, so just let my writing do all the talking. just a few things about me, for background reference: my name is tabytha and i'm a 17 year old student from the .. more..

Writing