CHAPTER 0: Awakening

CHAPTER 0: Awakening

A Chapter by Taig Ferrier

In this world, there are two supreme races: humans,and robots. The robots like to refer to themselves as the S.H.E., or 'Superior Human Equivalents'. The humans created the S.H.E. as a form of living databases, in preparation for the threat of a nuclear war that could wipe out the human race, but leave the S.H.E unaffected. The S.H.E. are programmed to act like humans in every way, even mimicking their behavior. The humans didn't realize the extent to which they succeeded.

The S.H.E perfectly copied humans’ thirst for power. In the course of several months, the S.H.E took control of several major cities in the North-Eastern United States. Their control spread, and the humans had to formulate a response team. The S.H.E, being superior as they had been made to be, were not easy to stop. Every time the S.H.E. made an advancement in their weaponry of defenses, the humans counteracted their discovery with an upgrade of their own. The humans and the S.H.E. eventually came to a compromise; they each got control over half of the U.S.: humans in the west, S.H.E. in the east. However, not everyone, on either side, was happy with this compromise. The S.H.E. began doing experiments, producing newer, stronger, weaponized robot prototypes that were capable of more militaristic achievements. The humans began researching weapons to destroy the S.H.E., integrating knowledge of the S.H.E. weaknesses with more advanced technologies. There were small skirmishes every now and then, but they weren't enough to resolve their issues. After 76 years of living with constant fighting and constant death, war finally broke out. The humans and the S.H.E let loose their weapons against one another, in what seemed to be an even match. This was March 17, 2099.

The voice faded slowly, signaling the end of my education about somewhat-recent history. I was almost ready. The pigment indicators on my body sprang to color, giving the metal of my 'skin' a realistic, pale tone. Long, dark, black hair grew from my head. The diagnostic and analyzing systems that were implanted in the ocular region of my head activated, and I opened my eyes. They were pure white, as we robots had no need for pupils, since our 'eyes' were camera-like photoreceptors that scanned the environment for the slightest details. The voice pervaded my mind again as I slowly sat up.

Welcome to life.



© 2014 Taig Ferrier


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe

Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
Compartment 114
Compartment 114

Stats

140 Views
Added on December 5, 2014
Last Updated on December 17, 2014


Author

Taig Ferrier
Taig Ferrier

Canyon Country, CA



About
I've been writing poems and drawing ever since I can remember, and started writing songs when I was around 8 years old. I've grown and developed my artistic skills a lot since then. Around 13, I bega.. more..

Writing
Chapter I Chapter I

A Chapter by Taig Ferrier